Newsjack Series 19 Page 16

Yep they've called it on Twitter.

Same time next week?

Well done Exe Chris and Sillysausage! :)

Congratulations to Exe Chris and Sillysausage. Full marks for persistence.

well done you two, big time congrats.

Well done to all the clever email recipients!

Thank you!

Cheers!

Brilliant Silly Sausage and Exe Chris. Nothing for me. Enjoy tonight's show then prepare for next week.

Well done Exe Chris and Silly Sausage.
Fabuloso!

Quote: Callooh Callay @ 26th September 2018, 3:09 PM

I appreciate this maybe akin to asking the Colonel to share his secret blend of herbs and spices, but from where exactly do you all hear about these more obscure stories? On a good week, I'm aware of perhaps maybe three-quarters of the news stories covered in Newsjack.

I tend to source from a handful of media websites (Guardian, Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, Metro, Indy100, The Week), but this clearly doesn't quite cut it as reading your submissions I find myself asking: TARDIS breakdown? Who was drinking urine? What raven breeding programme!?

Good luck all, by the way, and congratulations on those who've already aired this series.

Late reply but I just look at the BBC News, google news feed and the odd newspaper. The lady drinking pee for breakfast was from the Daily Mail Health Section I think.

Belated Congrats to Silly Sausage, ExeChris and the cats

Well done guys!

The Basil Brush sketch was good, as was the misleading university advertisements one.

Did everyone else have the show cut off during the Batman sketch? Didn't get to hear the end.

Yeah, you have to browse to the next programme in the schedule (The Comedy Club Interviews) to hear the final few minutes.

Thought sketches best so far this series. Favourite one liner was the Farage condom / single market joke

Yes, well done for getting stuff. Persistence, and a handy little funny bone pays off (sometimes!). I Liked the batman sketch. Basic. Funny. The Penguin's first reaction was excellent.

Other than that (and at the risk of sounding bitter) I thought some of the other content was a bit. Meh. The corbyn and may ones were a bit of a stretch.

Basil Brush was good - I actually spent quite a bit of time writing a sketch based on the "Croydon Cat Killer" story, strangely enough, involving Basil Brush and the Fantastic Mr. Fox being interviewed by the police. Anyway, although I did submit a one-liner on it (which was pretty mediocre), I must admit I was quite conflicted and decided against it - if anyone's read it, the story is seriously disturbing!

Anyway, it was well done, but it goes to show that it is sometimes tricky judging whether or not you're straying into some dicey territory, taste-wise.

So, onwards.

Basil Brush, Mr Stephen, Sooty, Sweep...........who'd thought it ?

Must try and get Sue and Mr Corbett in next weeks episode