Status report Page 5,875

Phew at the cat, and wow at the sitcom. :O

Quote: beaky @ 21st November 2015, 11:20 AM GMT

An extremely weird day on Thursday. I was just getting ready to take our cat to the vet's, thinking he'd have to be put to sleep as he was so ill, and feeling very upset, when an email arrived telling me that my sitcom is going ahead, filming starting in February! The day ended doubly happy, as the vet gave our cat several injections, and he's now a lot better!

I am so pleased for you on both counts. :) You must keep us updated on both.

Not even summer yet and I'm already sick of the heat. It's not properly hot yet either. I vote we skip summer this year....then I can skip Christmas also.

An extremely weird day on Thursday. I was just getting ready to take our cat to the vet's, thinking he'd have to be put to sleep as he was so ill, and feeling very upset, when an email arrived telling me that my sitcom is going ahead, filming starting in February! The day ended doubly happy, as the vet gave our cat several injections, and he's now a lot better!

Stuff the cat (not yet obviously), you are getting a sit com made!? That is great news, congratulations. Can you give any details?

Congratualtions on your double dose of good news.

Look forward to critiquing I can watch instead of just read.

I'll gladly give details and keep you all updated, but I'd better clear it first with the production company, they might not want it talked about on a forum like this so soon, and I want to stay in their good books!

Quote: beaky @ 21st November 2015, 3:10 PM GMT

they might not want it talked about on a forum like this

You cheeky bastard! ;)

Congrats from me too. Looking forward to see your show! Also glad about the cat thing.

It's taken three years...

Quote: reds @ 21st November 2015, 1:47 PM GMT

Not even summer yet and I'm already sick of the heat. It's not properly hot yet either. I vote we skip summer this year....then I can skip Christmas also.

Well I'm sick of the bloody cold. It's even been snowing slightly.

Quote: keewik @ 21st November 2015, 5:47 PM GMT

Well I'm sick of the bloody cold. It's even been snowing slightly.

Same here.

Well done to the Beaks! Look forward to seeing it.

Quote: chipolata @ 21st November 2015, 10:49 AM GMT

Chip's just got some new boots from Clarks. Still the best place for foot wear.

Thigh length?

Well done. Let us know when it's ready.

Quote: reds @ 21st November 2015, 1:47 PM GMT

We had snow darn sarf this morning!

Excellent news. Best of luck!

Very rarely get into a taxi but have now had the same charade three times in three years. Driver, nice guy, speaks with an accent and I ask him in a friendly way his country of origin. Every time....."guess". Oh, OK, Russia? No. Try again. Erm, Poland? No. Try again. And so it goes on until he says "I'm Kurdish". I say "oh, that's nice and then we get into Erdogan and all sorts as I balance it with "so what are your hobbies?". Just one point here. Don't do it. Leap into the next one and go "hey, mate, Kurdish, great" with a very big smile. It will save you twenty five minutes of sending your brain around the globe in the new version of 20 Questions.

Quote: chipolata @ 21st November 2015, 11:08 AM GMT

They were boots with furry innards, that's why I got the wide box. Although it does annoy me that after spending a lot in a shop you then have to spend 5p for the bloody bag. Not that I'm against paying for bags, but you'd think they'd give you one free if you spend a bit.

>you then have to spend 5p for the bloody bag.

It's a new Government law, did you not know that? They are not alowwed to give you one for free.