eSt Family Empire (PILOT) Page 2

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th September 2015, 9:45 AM BST

"And the nominations are..."

There is only one scene!
And it's ten minutes long.
That's the problem.

the problem is not the scene and the 10 minutes the problem is that you don't understand your own language. the only thing funny for you is black comedy which nobody can understands but the English.

Good luck with it.

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th September 2015, 9:45 AM BST

"And the nominations are..."

There is only one scene!
And it's ten minutes long.
That's the problem.

I don't quite get what luck has to do with it? All it needs are people watching it people who are actually make an effort to watch it and people how can read between the lines. obviously you are not one of them but thank you anyway for getting ivolved.

Nope Lazzard not fair, as Lydia was quite clear it was a friend's piece of work she wanted comments on.

I'm not sure I'd call it the "Never Let it Go Awards" or NLGs

after the line from the film/books

"we were providing an answer to a question no one was asking"

Quote: Lydia Ondo @ 12th September 2015, 9:53 AM BST

I cannot see any problem with the 10 minutes. of course you need to watch the 10 minutes and not just bits and pieces within the 10 minutes. the other problem perhaps is that you only understand black comedy which nobody else can understand but the British.

Well first of all you have to catch any audience in the first 60 seconds or page of script.

Life's too shit and there's no end of bad, long comedy out there.

Secondly black comedy? Not sure I understand what you mean.

Thirdly you succeed not by how many times you get it right, but how many times you pick up and start over.

Your film was hard to hear and visually uninteresting. So it didn't seem to engage anyone, you won't get far till you correct at least those basic errors.

Quote: Lydia Ondo @ 12th September 2015, 9:53 AM BST

I don't quite get what luck has to do with it? All it needs are people watching it people who are actually make an effort to watch it and people how can read between the lines. obviously you are not one of them but thank you anyway for getting ivolved.

Even the best work needs luck.
I'm sure your work could improve if you listened to people.
Your attitude, though, dooms you to failure I'm afraid.

But, as I said, good luck.

Quote: Lydia Ondo @ 12th September 2015, 9:35 AM BST

...and just because you don't like one scene you switch off the movie it's a bit odd,don't you think?

....so you want to tell me you are a critique? I think there's a very long way for you to go to be a critic. you don't criticize it you slag it off. if you know the difference.

Bless you. I was talking generally about critique and the general consensus here seems to be that no one has been particularly impressed and I'm not the first to stop watching the first scene after a few minutes.
If you don't understand why I stopped watching, having explained twice, I think it's probably not worth explaining again.
I don't slag things off, it's not my style. You asked us for our opinions, we gave them. Perhaps if you are unable to look at them objectively this isn't the place for you.

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th September 2015, 9:59 AM BST

I'm very glad you made it!! haven't seen or heard anything from you yet but I'm sure you made it as long as you believe in it, that's fine.

Quote: sootyj @ 12th September 2015, 9:59 AM BST

Nope Lazzard not fair, as Lydia was quite clear it was a friend's piece of work she wanted comments on.

This was the category I was thinking of...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/post/956499/

Well that's your award Lazzard if you wish to invent it and have an imaginary awards ceremnony, with imaginary guests go for it!

Quote: Loopey @ 12th September 2015, 10:01 AM BST

Bless you. I was talking generally about critique and the general consensus here seems to be that no one has been particularly impressed and I'm not the first to stop watching the first scene after a few minutes.
If you don't understand why I stopped watching, having explained twice, I think it's probably not worth explaining again.
I don't slag things off, it's not my style. You asked us for our opinions, we gave them. Perhaps if you are unable to look at them objectively this isn't the place for you.

I cannot remember asking to explain why didn't you like it. All I Asked you to watch it and tell me your opinion not switch it off after 3 minutes just because you don't like the guy eating while he talks. this is a Mickey Mouse critic.

Quote: sootyj @ 12th September 2015, 10:07 AM BST

Well that's your award Lazzard if you wish to invent it and have an imaginary awards ceremnony, with imaginary guests go for it!

Accredited by the Great Lord Bussell, I'll have you know!

Quote: Lydia Ondo @ 12th September 2015, 10:08 AM BST

I cannot remember asking to explain why didn't you like it. All I Asked you to watch it and tell me your opinion not switch it off after 3 minutes just because you don't like the guy eating while he talks. this is a Mickey Mouse critic.

You asked us to watch and give you an opinion, I watched as far as I felt able. I said what I thought. You appeared to take offence. I explained, you didn't understand.

I think I'll leave it there. As Sooty says -

Quote: sootyj @ 12th September 2015, 9:59 AM BST

Well first of all you have to catch any audience in the first 60 seconds or page of script.

Life's too shit and there's no end of bad, long comedy out there.

Secondly black comedy? Not sure I understand what you mean.

Thirdly you succeed not by how many times you get it right, but how many times you pick up and start over.

Your film was hard to hear and visually uninteresting. So it didn't seem to engage anyone, you won't get far till you correct at least those basic errors.

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th September 2015, 9:59 AM BST

Just because he shagged Liz doesn't make him a Lord.

Quote: Loopey @ 12th September 2015, 10:25 AM BST

You asked us to watch and give you an opinion, I watched as far as I felt able. I said what I thought. You appeared to take offence. I explained, you didn't understand.

I think I'll leave it there. As Sooty says -

Look. you cannot possibly comment on something you haven't watched it to the end bcause it makes you look silly. it's not about the visual it is about the dialogue which is absolutely hilarious. They can not speak out things loud if things are maent to be whispered. this is common sense too. I really appreciate your input and I'm not saying it's perfect but your comment is not vailid because you didn't give it a chance. everybody makes comments but nobody really watched it to the end so what are we talking about. and you cannot say it is boring because it's not the fact. you judging after 3 minutes therefore you can not say the whole thing is boring.

Yes people do it all the time.

You're not the first person to get a shellacking in critique, I've been there and so has Loopy.

It's how you take critique that counts.

And a script that turns people off in the first minute is made of fail.