Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe - Series 3 Page 2

Shame I rather liked her stuff with Barry Shitpeas.

Brooker's astonishing, I can lose hours looking up his old stuff on YouTube.

He's like what Russell Brand would be, if he had a brain and wasn't a complete twat.

Quote: sootyj @ 21st February 2015, 1:31 PM GMT

Shame I rather liked her stuff with Barry Shitpeas.

Not for me. Both of them do childish easy targets. Nothing clever with either of them.

"I know, as our stuff is shit, let's make two (un)funny names."

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 6th February 2015, 9:30 PM GMT

Two episodes in I believe that it's still fun and fresh as ever. I like the Barry Shitpeas reviews and Jake Yapp's fantastic. I wish that they'd dump the Philomena Cunk section though as it's just not entertaining.

No

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th February 2015, 10:23 PM GMT

So, we are 28 mins. in and nearing the end of the show without Philomena C**t or Barry Shitface airing their unfunny dirge or the new one that calls herself Zib or Zob or Bib or Bob or whatever twat name she thinks is funny - Great!!

But no :( Philomena C**t manages to spoil what remained of the prog. by tacking her shit piece on the end - thank f**k for fast forward.

No

Quote: Ian Morgan @ 21st February 2015, 9:20 AM GMT

I couldn't agree more, no idea why he keeps giving up valuable time to these unfunny sections.

No

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st February 2015, 10:58 AM GMT

:) Exactly - it used to be a very good prog. when he was on his own. Is he getting lazy?

No

Quote: sootyj @ 21st February 2015, 12:35 PM GMT

Jake Yapp's great, so's Cassetteboy. Tim Key wasn't and got the chop, looks like Philomena Cunk's dull 2 minute segment is on the way out.

No

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st February 2015, 1:28 PM GMT

Thank f**k for that.
[/quote

No

"I know, as our stuff is shit, let's make two (un)funny names."

No. Philomena Cunk/Diane Morgan is great. I'm right and you are all wrong.

Between Weekly Wipe and Black Mirror I think Charlie Brooker is one of the greatest people on British TV a the moment.

I like the fact that the Wipe takes a Daily Show-esque approach to try and bring in new talent for different segments. Some work and some don't, but I think the intention is noble, rather than lazy.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 21st February 2015, 11:46 PM GMT

What all of us? :P

I'd rate Charlie Brooker over the Daily Show.

The Daily Show is a little bit

"c'mon this funny, let me explain this story and then we'll have some chuckles, then we'll kick a ball around be my friend."

Where as Brooker is "Here's the joke don't get it? F**k off, got it? Still f**k off"

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/camelswithhammers/2012/05/is-jon-stewart-anti-union/

mean time where's your messiah now?

Without doubt Weekly Wipe is the better show, and Brooker the better of the two.

The comparison was more about the idea of acting as a launchpad for new talent. Daily Show had Steve Carrell, Stephen Colbert, John Oliver etc, whereas Weekly Wipe has given a bigger platform for people like Doug Stanhope, Limmy and Tim Key over the years.

The new ones could go on to bigger things, or be quietly retired, but either way the opportunity should be encouraged.

Yeh I got so tired of all those sketch shows with 1 or 2 big names, a few friends and the same staff writers, repeated ad finitum.

With Wipe it always feels like he's opening the door to new voices.

Quote: sootyj @ 22nd February 2015, 11:33 AM GMT

With Wipe it always feels like he's opening the door to new voices.

Just a shame they are not funny.

No

No

No

No

No

I don't agree, sorry Douglas. I, akin to HGT, am glad that I can switch off at 27m 45s when Philomena Cunk rears her unfunny head. Saying that, Diane Morgan's a cracking stand-up and I've seen her live a couple of times, I just don't think that segment works. I could be wrong, but it slightly reminds me of Daisy Donovan's deliberately dippy character in 'The 11 O'Clock Show'.

Weirdly I like Cunk's own segment, but not the bits where she's a talking head.

No

No

No

No

No

techno techno techno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM5W7Xn7FiA

Quote: sootyj @ 22nd February 2015, 10:00 PM GMT

techno techno techno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM5W7Xn7FiA

:D

It all went wrong for 2 Unlimited when they released their ill conceived acoustic album.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 22nd February 2015, 7:01 PM GMT

I don't agree, sorry Douglas. I, akin to HGT, am glad that I can switch off at 27m 45s when Philomena Cunk rears her unfunny head. Saying that, Diane Morgan's a cracking stand-up and I've seen her live a couple of times, I just don't think that segment works. I could be wrong, but it slightly reminds me of Daisy Donovan's deliberately dippy character in 'The 11 O'Clock Show'.

oh all right, fine.

Never seen her stand up but I am a fan of Two Episodes of Mash. Acquired taste I guess.

So, what a load of cunk! Too much of the unfunny (can't say what I really think of her)

First section dealt with Eastarses and I have to say that is the most I have seen of this crap - how anyone can follow that utter bilge is beyond me.

And finally I must apologise on behalf of Mr Brooker to the people living in Switzerland Whistling nnocently when he said it was boring.

I thought she was quite funny, but every time she's on now I'm just thinking "This will upset HGT" :(

You silly, twisted boy