Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe - Series 3

Two episodes in I believe that it's still fun and fresh as ever. I like the Barry Shitpeas reviews and Jake Yapp's fantastic. I wish that they'd dump the Philomena Cunk section though as it's just not entertaining.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 6th February 2015, 9:30 PM GMT

Two episodes in I believe that it's still fun and fresh as ever. I like the Barry Shitpeas reviews and Jake Yapp's fantastic. I wish that they'd dump the Philomena Cunk section though as it's just not entertaining.

Was going to write summat about this last week, but was so disappointed at how Philomena C**t and Barry Shitface had seemingly more time to air their crap that I couldn't be bothered in the end.

Still watchable, but bring back Doug Stanhope!!

Much the same really, so am going to repeat what I wrote last week.....

Was going to write summat about this last week, but was so disappointed at how Philomena C**t and Barry Shitface had seemingly more time to air their crap that I couldn't be bothered in the end.

PLUS we now have somebody called Zeb who is in a similar vein to Philomena C**t.

Yapp wasn't so good this week either.

If it carries on like this their will just be Charlie Brooker introducing more no hopers and they will have to call the programme just "Wipe"

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th February 2015, 10:24 PM GMT

Much the same really, so am going to repeat what I wrote last week.....

PLUS we now have somebody called Zeb who is in a similar vein to Philomena C**t.

Yapp wasn't so good this week either.

If it carries on like this their will just be Charlie Brooker introducing more no hopers and they will have to call the programme just "Wipe"

I think we have different tastes when it comes to weekly wipe. The Philomena Cunk/Barry Shitpeas section is often my favourite bit. I couldn't care less if they have Stanhope, Limmy or Yapp involved or not.

'Zeb' is Morgana Robinson who in general I think is really good (the best thing about House of Fools, she was great in couple of episodes of Toast of London too). I think those YouTube vloggers are ripe for parody, but I'm not too convinced by Zeb.

But I think we can both agree that Charlie is still the thing that makes the show good.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 14th February 2015, 11:21 AM GMT

But I think we can both agree that Charlie is still the thing that makes the show good.

:) And it used to be mostly him.

I watched Ep3 earlier and really enjoyed it. Still as sharp as a Sabatier knife honed on a whetstone.*

*Not the place in north London.

I think I posted this idea on a previous weekly wipe thread, but I think it would would better as an hour long 'Monthly Wipe'.

But I guess that wouldn't be practical from a scheduling point of view. It would also make it difficult for Brooker to work on other projects.

He seems, just, can't be arsed to do my ;Weekly Swipe'?....

Maybe BBC should provide better bog rolls.

Not flushed with amazement.

So, we are 28 mins. in and nearing the end of the show without Philomena C**t or Barry Shitface airing their unfunny dirge or the new one that calls herself Zib or Zob or Bib or Bob or whatever twat name she thinks is funny - Great!!

But no :( Philomena C**t manages to spoil what remained of the prog. by tacking her shit piece on the end - thank f**k for fast forward.

:D Tee fooking Hee!

I often think Brooker should try making a different joke.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th February 2015, 10:23 PM GMT

So, we are 28 mins. in and nearing the end of the show without Philomena C**t or Barry Shitface airing their unfunny dirge or the new one that calls herself Zib or Zob or Bib or Bob or whatever twat name she thinks is funny - Great!!

But no :( Philomena C**t manages to spoil what remained of the prog. by tacking her shit piece on the end - thank f**k for fast forward.

I couldn't agree more, no idea why he keeps giving up valuable time to these unfunny sections.

Quote: Ian Morgan @ 21st February 2015, 9:20 AM GMT

I couldn't agree more, no idea why he keeps giving up valuable time to these unfunny sections.

:) Exactly - it used to be a very good prog. when he was on his own. Is he getting lazy?

I think it's still great, I guess half an hour of telly is a lot of work and he's a busy fella.

That and he's a generous comic who likes helping out other up and coming comics, which is well nice and kinda refreshing.

Jake Yapp's great, so's Cassetteboy. Tim Key wasn't and got the chop, looks like Philomena Cunk's dull 2 minute segment is on the way out.

Quote: sootyj @ 21st February 2015, 12:35 PM GMT

looks like Philomena Cunk's dull 2 minute segment is on the way out.

Thank f**k for that.