Ebay or Ebid? Page 2

I know, so carry a stale sausage roll to beat them with. Can't go into it unarmed.

Thanks to Lee for the heads up about Facebook groups/sales as I'd never considered it before. eBay really gets my goat with its high charges and anti-seller ethos - I tried to sell my son's old pushchair last year and photographed and described the darn thing in great detail. The winning bidder stuck her 4-year-old son in it and complained! Raaahhh.

*and relax - TBN goes to the cupboard, grabs a wine glass, moves to the fridge and pours herself a glass of cold chardonnay*

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 23rd January 2015, 5:21 PM GMT

Thanks to Lee for the heads up about Facebook groups/sales as I'd never considered it before. eBay really gets my goat with its high charges and anti-seller ethos - I tried to sell my son's old pushchair last year and photographed and described the darn thing in great detail. The winning bidder stuck her 4-year-old son in it and complained! Raaahhh.

*and relax - TBN goes to the cupboard, grabs a wine glass, moves to the fridge and pours herself a glass of cold chardonnay*

Grrrr "heads up" >_<

What about BCG bid?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd January 2015, 6:30 PM GMT

Grrrr "heads up" >_<

I am a civil servant HCT; it's in my blood.

It's treating us all like Meercats.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 23rd January 2015, 6:46 PM GMT

I am a civil servant HCT; it's in my blood.

That explains nothing - it's an Americanism.........Grrrr "heads up" Angry

I tell you what I used to love, Yahoo Auctions.

Bought a few things off there, but it didn't catch on apparently and shut in 2003.

Quote: Ben @ 24th January 2015, 10:20 AM GMT

I tell you what I used to love, Yahoo Auctions.

Bought a few things off there, but it didn't catch on apparently and shut in 2003.

Yes! I remember that and they had a countdown timer for us snipers. :)

Shame it went as I think eBay has got too big for its boots. Angry

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th January 2015, 8:29 AM GMT

That explains nothing - it's an Americanism.........Grrrr "heads up" Angry

Shouldn't that be "Americanizm?"

Have you looked at 'Preloved' ??

Another buying/selling site which is an alternative to the bid ones.

Only used it a couple of times, once selling and once buying, and both times it was a nice smooth transaction.

Have a look as an alternative for your good self :)

Quote: Chappers @ 24th January 2015, 8:47 PM GMT

Shouldn't that be "Americanizm?"

They would. >_<

Quote: Frankies Boil @ 24th January 2015, 9:10 PM GMT

Have you looked at 'Preloved' ??

Another buying/selling site which is an alternative to the bid ones.

Only used it a couple of times, once selling and once buying, and both times it was a nice smooth transaction.

Have a look as an alternative for your good self :)

Ta, will give it a look.

Are you buying used ladies underwear again HCT? I thought PayPal suspended your account as a result, but I could be wrong.

The only thing selling on eBay these days is Lego, it's like the gold of the auction sites.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 25th January 2015, 2:05 PM GMT

Are you buying used ladies underwear again HCT? I thought PayPal suspended your account as a result, but I could be wrong.

I was cleared on appeal, not that it did me any good as since I have only managed to pick up a pair of Ann Widdecombe's well used Tena Lady pants. Sick