Ebay or Ebid? Page 3

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th January 2015, 8:31 AM GMT

I was cleared on appeal, not that it did me any good as since I have only managed to pick up a pair of Ann Widdecombe's well used Tena Lady pants. Sick

Nice. Politics' most famous virgin and former host of Cleverdicks.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 29th January 2015, 10:05 AM GMT

Nice. Politics' most famous virgin and former host of Cleverdicks.

She's a virgin!? :O

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th January 2015, 10:14 AM GMT

She's a virgin!? :O

Like my avatar/BCG comedy persona*, she's an unmarried Roman Catholic devout lady with very strong views on certain things.

*Which is the exact opposite to my real lifestyle/personality.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 29th January 2015, 10:24 AM GMT

Which is the exact opposite to my real lifestyle/personality.

I say, Ding Dong.........How much opposite? :P

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th January 2015, 12:53 PM GMT

I say, Ding Dong.........How much opposite? :P

OK: brought up as a wannabee poet/Church of England Sunday School widowed teacher household. Not a Bride of Christ, although my husband sometimes hangs around with eleven other men carrying out miracles. I'm completely at odds with current/former MPs such as Ann Widdecombe and Nadine Dorries' views, they just seem really extreme in this so-called 'enlightened' age.

Anyway...back to lighter matters. I'm really interested in selling some of my old stuff on Facebook or anywhere other than blooming eBay.

Can see you are a lady of refinement by saying "blooming" and not "f@!*@$g".

Class. :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th January 2015, 4:53 PM GMT

Can see you are a lady of refinement by saying "blooming" and not "f@!*@$g".

Class. :D

Thank you HCT. I do utter profanities in real life, but only when seriously irked.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 29th January 2015, 5:57 PM GMT

Thank you HCT. I do utter profanities in real life, but only when seriously irked.

And I bet they are no more than a "bleedin'". Angelic

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 29th January 2015, 4:44 PM GMT

Anyway...back to lighter matters. I'm really interested in selling some of my old stuff on Facebook or anywhere other than blooming eBay.

Does that include any old dirty habits?

Quote: Chappers @ 29th January 2015, 9:43 PM GMT

Does that include any old dirty habits?

Oh Chappers, I can never get rid of those Errr

Ebay are offering free insertion fees for fixed price auctions at the moment, but I can't see how you can check that you've successfully avoided that fee. I've uploaded just one item as a test; can I confirm the offer has been effective?

Quote: Nogget @ 11th February 2015, 3:12 PM GMT

Ebay are offering free insertion fees for fixed price auctions at the moment, but I can't see how you can check that you've successfully avoided that fee. I've uploaded just one item as a test; can I confirm the offer has been effective?

I hope to be trading big time, for the first time on eBay soon when I retire with all the stuff I have hoarded over the years, so am interested to hear how you got on.

But, by "fixed price auctions", do you mean Buy It Now? Or is this a new thing that have brought out?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th February 2015, 4:28 PM GMT

I hope to be trading big time, for the first time on eBay soon when I retire with all the stuff I have hoarded over the years, so am interested to hear how you got on.

But, by "fixed price auctions", do you mean Buy It Now? Or is this a new thing that have brought out?

Yes :) I usually only to auctions, but the free insertion fees don't apply to them. There are some other differences too, about the returns policy.

Good luck with your clearance.

Ta..... :)

Quote: Nogget @ 11th February 2015, 3:12 PM GMT

They change the layout so often, I can't be sure what it is at the moment but it used to be the case that it was at the bottom of the screen where you write the listing and also on the following confirmation screen. It should read £0.00, unless you've added any paid extras.