Trollied - Series 4 Page 3

So it's true: you can't polish a turd!

I think they were trying to replace Joel Fry's Leighton when they brought in Aisling Bea's Charlie. But they instead replaced the Richard France character for sheer annoyingness. But Miriam Margolyes is stiff competition in that department.

It's not merely that the scripts have become so blatantly dumbed-down; they're just not funny. I didn't even notice any actual jokes in the most recent episode.

I know that fans will be angered by my put-down, wondering why I still watch. I'm a faithful viewer and will ride out the season. I just don't have any other reason why I'm doing this.

Sadly I have to agree, that this series has gone right down the pan! Monday's episode (1st Dec) was totally rubbish, did not laugh once and I am a Trollied fan, I have been watching since Series 1.

With the old characters gone it just doesn't feel the same and the new characters aren't great either, Rose's character is useless and unfunny (in the real world - she would have got the sack) and the Charlie character is far too annoying.

I will be glad when this series finishes and hopefully a fifth isn't on the cards because if it is - I won't be watching, they have killed the show already by doing this fourth series.

However, I am surprised to see that they haven't done another Christmas Special this year! Such a shame to see Trollied end up going rubbish, but sadly it has! I will stick with the rest of the series till the end but I'm sure it won't get better.

The Charlie character out-stupids Corrie's Kirk. So much so I honestly think she's retarded: which makes it even worse and rather uncomfortable viewing!

I see this series just has 8 episodes and no Chrimbo special - unlike Series 2 and 3 with thirteen - could this be due to the well running dry?

The fourth series has now drawn to a close, something I am glad about. Sadly, series four just didn't compare to the first three series - it just didn't flow as well and the new characters just didn't fit in. I hope to not see a 5th series but we will probably end up with one next year!

I completely disagree. Whilst it would've been nice to see the likes of Andy, Kieran and Katie, I thought Series 4 was probably the best single series to date, and certainly the funniest.

Quote: Aaron @ 24th December 2014, 1:04 PM GMT

I completely disagree. Whilst it would've been nice to see the likes of Andy, Kieran and Katie, I thought Series 4 was probably the best single series to date, and certainly the funniest.

What ?! I cannot believe you have said that series 4 was a utter pile of garbage that doesn't even begin to compare to series 1 through 3 the characters of rose and Charlie were absolute dreadful and not a single episode even made me chuckle slightly I've been watching since episode 1 series 1 and I've always watched every episode on first broadcast but with series 4 I just kept putting each episode off not being able to bear them although if they do make a series 5 I will still watch I saw this show through form the start I will be with it til the bitter end

I cannot believe there are people who didn't like Series 4 of Trollied! It was the best yet! By far...

I'm from Canada and I've been downloading this show online since it's hard to find on TV here. I love the show, I've been a fan since episode one. It's had its ups and downs, lost many regulars, and honestly when I saw that Jane Horrocks wasn't returning after Series 3 I couldn't imagine how it would be able to go on, since she was the main focus of the show. But to my amazement she wasn't missed! Neither was Mark Addy, I just found him to be annoying anyway. And I was so happy to see they got rid of the two very unfunny guys they had last season who worked at the fish(?) counter, they were pathetic. But most of all I was happy they got rid of the Richard France character. What a completely annoying idiot he was! That guy almost ruined the show.

The new cast members they brought in for Series 4 are hilarious! Miriam Margolyes as Rose steals every scene she is in, and Aisling Bea as Charlie is loveable and funny, and yes she was obviously brought in to keep the vibe that Leighton had. The person who commented earlier in this thread about not liking either of them must have a really dour sense of humour. Both of them are fantastic, they carried the show this year.

I just can't understand why they only produced 8 episodes this season, when they did 13 for the each of the past two. British sitcoms are strange like that, Mount Pleasant is the same, you barely get into it each season and then it's all over after only 8 weeks. Why don't they make more? In America sitcoms typically have 22 episodes per season.

Anyway, I'm REALLY hoping Trollied comes back, the 4th season was the best. Mount Pleasant as well, they are my two favourite television shows of the past few years and both are from Sky. It's a shame Sky do so poorly to promote them, especially here in North America. It's almost impossible to find out any info on either show each year on whether or not they will be back.

Quote: Aaron @ 24th December 2014, 1:04 PM GMT

Wtf! Surely you're shitting me sir?

Quote: brian mackenzie @ 3rd January 2015, 12:02 AM GMT

I cannot believe there are people who didn't like Series 4 of Trollied! It was the best yet! By far...

I'm from Canada and I've been downloading this show online since it's hard to find on TV here. I love the show, I've been a fan since episode one. It's had its ups and downs, lost many regulars, and honestly when I saw that Jane Horrocks wasn't returning after Series 3 I couldn't imagine how it would be able to go on, since she was the main focus of the show. But to my amazement she wasn't missed! Neither was Mark Addy, I just found him to be annoying anyway. And I was so happy to see they got rid of the two very unfunny guys they had last season who worked at the fish(?) counter, they were pathetic. But most of all I was happy they got rid of the Richard France character. What a completely annoying idiot he was! That guy almost ruined the show.

The new cast members they brought in for Series 4 are hilarious! Miriam Margolyes as Rose steals every scene she is in, and Aisling Bea as Charlie is loveable and funny, and yes she was obviously brought in to keep the vibe that Leighton had. The person who commented earlier in this thread about not liking either of them must have a really dour sense of humour. Both of them are fantastic, they carried the show this year.

I just can't understand why they only produced 8 episodes this season, when they did 13 for the each of the past two. British sitcoms are strange like that, Mount Pleasant is the same, you barely get into it each season and then it's all over after only 8 weeks. Why don't they make more? In America sitcoms typically have 22 episodes per season.

Anyway, I'm REALLY hoping Trollied comes back, the 4th season was the best. Mount Pleasant as well, they are my two favourite television shows of the past few years and both are from Sky. It's a shame Sky do so poorly to promote them, especially here in North America. It's almost impossible to find out any info on either show each year on whether or not they will be back.

I read this with incredulity, but upon reading the poster was Canadian it made perfect sense!

When asked on Twitter, Jason Watkins confirmed that a fifth series of Trollied is starting next month. Such a shame to hear as the fourth series wasn't much cop compared to the first three series.

Hopefully Series 5 will be good but I doubt it!

Quote: G180e @ 9th May 2015, 11:07 PM BST

When asked on Twitter, Jason Watkins confirmed that a fifth series of Trollied is starting next month. Such a shame to hear as the fourth series wasn't much cop compared to the first three series.

Hopefully Series 5 will be good but I doubt it!

Yes, I too have low expectations!

This show is rubbish, it always has been rubbish!
Why is this rubbish getting a FIFTH series?