Boomers Page 7

I think it's grand, can't understand why nobody likes it. It actually makes me laugh, which sitcoms are meant to. Mind you, I'm not disgruntled because I've had a sitcom about over 60s rejected as I have never written one.

Quote: beaky @ 14th September 2014, 4:43 PM BST

It was filmed in Herne Bay, where I've been the last two years for their marvellous new cartoon festival. It's the seaside town that time forgot - I love it, despite everything closing at 11.00 p.m.

My parents own a place on the seafront estate shown in Boomers. In fact, I posed on the very same bench as depicted in the publicity shots. I adore Herne Bay, especially the tawdry musical automaton on the seafront.

As for the show itself: the script is weak and it's a huge waste of a talented cast.

Quote: Pip Bond @ 19th September 2014, 12:31 PM BST

I think it's grand, can't understand why nobody likes it. It actually makes me laugh, which sitcoms are meant to. Mind you, I'm not disgruntled because I've had a sitcom about over 60s rejected as I have never written one.

Makes me smile, but laugh? No, which is a shame 'cos it's a good cast.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 19th September 2014, 1:08 PM BST

As for the show itself: the script is weak and it's a huge waste of a talented cast.

Exactly

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th September 2014, 1:29 PM BST

Makes me smile, but laugh? No, which is a shame 'cos it's a good cast.

Most sitcoms these days just leave me staring at the screen blank faced, if not open mouthed. So warm smiles are fine by me; to be honest I never got the impression they were aiming for anything else. It works on its own terms.

Quote: Pip Bond @ 19th September 2014, 12:31 PM BST

Disgruntled? Me? Angry

Just watched my recording of the Christmas Special, and I want to know where the Special comes into it.

Honestly, I have never known a half hour to take so long - it seemed to drag on and on.

There was not one laugh or, for me, one smile even and I am sorry to say that it was utter garbage. How can someone write something so bad - the "stars" struggled.

If you haven't watched it yet - THEN DON'T BOTHER!!

Was it a Christmas special or the start of a new series?

I enjoyed it. Always great to see Stephanie and Paula and Alison is a great actress.

The boring bloke is extremely good as someone acting boring (I think. Have I said that before?)

The bit though where Russ Abbot says who do they remind you of was a bit unnecessary. It should've just been evident.

A Christmas special ahead of a new series.

Quote: Aaron @ 1st January 2016, 1:13 AM GMT

a new series.

Well I won't be watching. I really have tried to like this, but even being a Baby Boomer myself can find nothing I can relate to and think it is missing the mark by a mile. Could have been a great subject if it had some decent writers. No problem with the cast, but they are struggling with poor scripts.