Favourite movie soundtracks Page 6

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 6 2008, 3:54 PM BST

Also, the Good Morning Vietnam soundtrack has some great tunes on it.

Good call with Good Morning Vietnam. On a par with Forrest Gump IMO.

Neither are as good as Coming Home [1978], that's tops for me.

Jerry McGuire
Forrest Gump

also, I like Ennio Morricone's soundtracks to all the spaghetti westerns.

"Mishima" - Philip Glass

"Garden State". Hearing Simon & Garfunkel's "The Only Living Boy In New York" suddenly come on in the cinema was bloody amazing, and was one of my all time film-going highlights, music-wise.

That, and "I heard it through the grapevine" at the beginning of "The Big Chill".

Alpha Papa

Saturday Night Fever

Midnight Cowboy

Easy Rider

The Sting

Fletch...and other 80s soundtracks like Caddyshack and Beverly Hills Cop

Lost Highway

Midnight Cowboy

My Name Is Nobody

Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Withnail & I.

Clockwork Orange.

Quote: Ben @ 3rd August 2014, 8:22 PM BST

Withnail & I.

I forgot that one.

Snow White.

The Man in The White Suit.

Quote: Ben @ 3rd August 2014, 8:22 PM BST

Withnail & I.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 3rd August 2014, 8:26 PM BST

I forgot that one.

Especially Hendrix with "All along the watchtower" on the car journey.

Picked up a second-hand copy of the soundtrack album for "Morvern Caller". Never seen the movie, though I want to. Liked "Ratcatcher" a lot.

Soundtrack album is pretty adventurous, inc. this track:

CAN - Spoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1WOKKEH4cw

Cd has 14 of the tracks listed here, not 17, so check first if buying.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0300214/soundtrack

Am I the only one who thinks "Star Wars". "Superman" "ET" all sound the same? there's dozens more too. Why bother trying to change anything? Just have a theme that is "Big Movie" theme.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd August 2014, 9:49 PM BST

Am I the only one who thinks "Star Wars". "Superman" "ET" all sound the same? there's dozens more too. Why bother trying to change anything? Just have a theme that is "Big Movie" theme.

They are all written by John Williams which is mainly why they all sound similar. Lucas and Spielberg both use Williams for most of their films. A lot of directors work with the same composers for most of their films.

Difficult to narrow it down. I have a few favourite film composers, Joe Hisachi, Ry Cooder, John Barry, Lalo Schiffren, Ennio Morricone, Isaac Hayes, Roy Budd, John Carpenter, Jerry Fielding, a few more.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 3rd August 2014, 11:25 PM BST

They are all written by John Williams which is mainly why they all sound similar. Lucas and Spielberg both use Williams for most of their films. A lot of directors work with the same composers for most of their films.

Difficult to narrow it down. I have a few favourite film composers, Joe Hisachi, Ry Cooder, John Barry, Lalo Schiffren, Ennio Morricone, Isaac Hayes, Roy Budd, John Carpenter, Jerry Fielding, a few more.

Danny Elfman, who does Tim Burton's movies, is very distinctive too.

So is John Carpenter. So perfect for his movies.

Ry Cooder's soundtrack for "Paris Texas" is another classic.

Michael Nyman's done some great work.

Spot on with John Carpenter.

I really like the Drive soundtrack and although it might be obvious Hans Zimmer has done some great stuff on Inception and the Batman trilogy.

Not the soundtrack but one song that stands out to me in Silence of the Lambs is Q Lazzarus - Goodbye Horses. (And Clerks 2)

Ennio Moricone.