What are you listening to now? Page 1,132

Just bought a bunch of CDs today and listening while I write.

2 Doobie Brothers albums - quite good, Flow Motion by Can OK, The Fountain by Echo and the Bunnymen (missed this when it came out) quite good, Tribal - Imelda May - really good and now Brain Salad Surgery by ELP which feels a bit of a let-down. I really like their early albums and thought I liked this but now not so sure. Next up Doctor Feelgood Singles which will be great.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th July 2014, 9:58 PM BST

and now Brain Salad Surgery by ELP which feels a bit of a let-down.

I remember the striking cover. I think the vinyl original sleeve had some kind of flap too?

This is a bit different.

CUZ 'tamatebako' album

'CUZ' are Mike Watt (Minutemen, fIREHOSE, The Stooges) and Sam Dook (The Go! Team)

Album can be streamed here:

http://www.bleedingheartrecordings.com/cuz/cuz.htm

Quote: George Kaplan @ 26th July 2014, 10:43 PM BST

I remember the striking cover. I think the vinyl original sleeve had some kind of flap too?

It did indeed. It opened from the middle. Still got it.

Do you get the rest of the skull underneath?

I'll have to check if I can find it.

Don't put yourself to any trouble, just idle curiosity. :)

Quote: George Kaplan @ 26th July 2014, 10:43 PM BST

This is a bit different.

CUZ 'tamatebako' album

'CUZ' are Mike Watt (Minutemen, fIREHOSE, The Stooges) and Sam Dook (The Go! Team)

Album can be streamed here:

http://www.bleedingheartrecordings.com/cuz/cuz.htm

Also one of the music mags of the time had a flexi-disc giveaway with a miniature version of the cover. It had a track called Brain Salad Surgery which never appeared on the original plus a medley of tracks from the album mashed up. Both of these are on this version.

Found it.

It opens out to reveal the rest of the 'mummyfied' lady.

Inside is a sort of booklet which is LP sized and folds out to give 6 x LP sized pages. 3x the band members, 3x the lyrics and over leaf 6x sundry information about the album.

ITMA.

Probably ground breaking at the time but sounds a bit chaotic.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 27th July 2014, 8:32 PM BST

Found it.

It opens out to reveal the rest of the 'mummyfied' lady.

Inside is a sort of booklet which is LP sized and folds out to give 6 x LP sized pages. 3x the band members, 3x the lyrics and over leaf 6x sundry information about the album.

Nice! Thanks for checking. Wonder if it's worth anything? Was a big seller at the time, I expect. Depends on how many peeps still have it, and what the band's currency is like these days, I suppose.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th July 2014, 5:51 PM BST

Also one of the music mags of the time had a flexi-disc giveaway with a miniature version of the cover. It had a track called Brain Salad Surgery which never appeared on the original plus a medley of tracks from the album mashed up.

That definitely should be worth a few bob, I'd've thought.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 27th July 2014, 8:54 PM BST

That definitely should be worth a few bob, I'd've thought.

If I can find it - and if I haven't sold it already when I was a bit skint.

Definitely still got the gatefold sleeve album though.

They've just repressed it again onheavy vinyl with all sorts of versions for seventy quid.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th July 2014, 8:58 PM BST

If I can find it - and if I haven't sold it already when I was a bit skint.

Definitely still got the gatefold sleeve album though.

They've just repressed it again onheavy vinyl with all sorts of versions for seventy quid.

Didn't realise you might actually have a copy of that flexi-disc. I think I remember it coming out too. I used to have a few flexi-discs as well; sure I had one for "Exile on Main Street" once.

Don't think the new seventy quid version of BSS will be turning up in any charity shops soon. ;)

Yes - I had that Stones one too. Plus a few from a magazine called Flexipop.

http://musicmags70s80s.blogspot.co.uk/2008/10/flexipop-discography_21.html

I found a flexi-disc by Slade in a Cash Converters many, many years ago. Cost me 20p and I stuck it on this new site called Ebay and sold it for about £17. I suddenly had ideas that I was going to become some master of buying and selling records, but it never quite panned out.

I'm Not a Man - Morrissey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2oAyMhFheo

Quote: Chappers @ 27th July 2014, 9:58 PM BST

Yes - I had that Stones one too. Plus a few from a magazine called Flexipop.

http://musicmags70s80s.blogspot.co.uk/2008/10/flexipop-discography_21.html

Interesting. Possibly the only music magazine I never bought an issue of.

Quote: Ben @ 27th July 2014, 10:03 PM BST

I found a flexi-disc by Slade in a Cash Converters many, many years ago. Cost me 20p and I stuck it on this new site called Ebay and sold it for about £17. I suddenly had ideas that I was going to become some master of buying and selling records, but it never quite panned out.

It's never too late, young Ben. :)