The League Of Gentlemen Page 3

And it begins...

What is it so? ;)

Quote: zooo @ October 1 2011, 12:41 PM BST

It never occurred to me that it was anything other than a sitcom. (Until I came here.)

Yes, but that's because you're a complete mental. Whistling nnocently

Yeah, yeah. That's what they said about Einstein.
Probably.
I mean, look at his hair.

You're right Matthew, Series 3 was not a sketch show.

I still maintain that it's a sitcom

Is this deja vu?

Quote: Chappers @ October 2 2011, 11:13 PM BST

Is this deja vu?

I inadvertently attended a League of Gentlemen convention last week in my local pub.

Just bought the box set and rewatched series 1 to 3. The show was a work of genius. It must have redfined the genre (whichever genre that is) when it first came out.

I was 11 when it first came out and remember being entertained and scared in equal measure and was a bit too young to really appreciate it.

All three series were equally great and there was such a variety of characters, and no weak ones!

The loved it all right up until the last couple of minutes of the last episode with the "wives" being made into animals for the circus. That bit just didn't seem to fit.

Yeah, they agree. They say on the commentary that that bit was executed totally wrongly (by other people I seem to remember.)

I keep meaning to rewatch the whole lot. I used to be obsessed with it but haven't seen any for ages.

Parts like where the schoolboy gets buried alive by the German teacher used to terrify me, more than any slasher film I ever saw.

Looking forward to listening to all the commentaries. I love a good DVD commentary to listen to at night!

Lots of scenes are mega disturbing. Horror and comedy are such a great mix (when done right).

The League commentaries are the best ones I've ever listened to!

LoG was one of my favouritest programmes ever. Yeah, very difficult whether to describe it as a sketch show or a sitcom - or even a comedy drama.

The Legz Akimbo theatre company or 'Aids in a van' as the female vicar desribes it, is possibly one of the funniest things I've ever seen on television.

Oh and the windy poodle in the fireplace. Brilliant.

I bought the complete series boxset recently too, thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Geoff Tipps is my favourite.

Just watched all 3 series of this sitcom (yes, sitcom), back to back and thoroughly enjoyed it (as expected having loved Psychoville)

I did find the 3rd series hard to get into at first as it was so different in nature to the 1st 2 but soon adjusted

Just the film and Panto to watch now over the coming weekend :)