The League Of Gentlemen

I checked but it didn't seem to have it's own thread.
There's one for Series 3 & one for the Movie?

What is the correct way to do this?
Should shows have one main thread & then separate threads for each series?

Is there a preferred way?

We couldn't possibly answer you without going off-topic. Bit of a paradox you've created here, Freve.

LoG had some lovely, lovely comedic moments. It lost me at times, when it went down weird dark paths. But I'll always look back on it fondly.

Thanks for posting Leevil
You're my wife now

Frave?

Laughing out loud

I'm waiting to see if Aaron moves this to sitcom. It's not, the first two series are a sketch show, but he's an odd one that boy.

Reese Shearsmith was talking about it on some show the other day.
He said "It's not a Sitcom"
And was talking about the "sketches" in the LOG.

That was on Jennifer Saunders: Laughing At The 90s, and he also said it wasn't a sketch show. He was talking about linking sketch humour with a narrative a common location.

He said it wasn't quite a sketch show ( although it is made up of sketches )

He definitely said it wasn't a sitcom

He said it wasn't either.

I still say it's more sitcom than sketch show. But we don't have a forum for that, so I guess it can stay here.

But it does have sketches he did say that didn't he?

Not a Sitcom, not quite a sketch show.

I'm glad he said that it's neither one nor the other, as some comedies straddle the two, don't they? I hate getting tied up in knots about what to class shows as.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 12 2011, 4:52 PM BST

But it does have sketches he did say that didn't he?

It's clearly made up of sketches; they're just linked and developed in a more unique, evolved way than your normal rag-bag sketch show, which means it begins to dip its toe into other areas. Until the third series, when it becomes something else altogether.

I think the third series is less like a sitcom than the first two.

I inadvertently attended a League of Gentlemen convention last week in my local pub. Living as I do in Hadfield and all that. It was very odd to enter the pub and spy at least five people with blacked up faces pretending to be Papa Lazarou, as well as to be served chocolate cake by a girl dressed as Hilary Briss (complete with ginger sideburns, blood stained overalls and toy machete). There were some Morris dancers with blacked up faces performing before the pub quiz on Wednesday so a regular theme does seem to be developing.