Episodes - Series 3 Page 2

I thought tonight's episode was rather weak apart from one scene between Matt and Shaun at lunch, you'll know the one if you saw it.

Yes, I know the one you mean!!!

And yes, there was more drama than big laughs on the last one. Also, the end confused me - I thought we'd already been told about the other actor's accident - or have I become psychic?

:)

Psychoic.

Quote: Aaron @ 1st July 2014, 9:18 PM BST

Psychoic.

Haha!

But it is bugging me now, I'm going to have to re watch episode 6 to check!!

:D

Pretty good episode tonight but can't help but feel the whole series has kind of meandered along just so it can reach Series 4.

Very interesting thought. Mmm. I wouldn't have put it so myself, and I've found plenty to laugh at this series, but you're right, it feels more like progression than any big events.

I think it's pretty good, although the 'mentally disturbed new boss guy' plot is a bit of a lead balloon for me. I don't think I've laughed at all at anything he has said or done.

'Merc' is a far funnier character in my opinion.

Just watched episode 8, I thought it was very funny, especially Carol.

Quote: TBone @ 3rd July 2014, 6:24 AM BST

I think it's pretty good, although the 'mentally disturbed new boss guy' plot is a bit of a lead balloon for me. I don't think I've laughed at all at anything he has said or done.

'Merc' is a far funnier character in my opinion.

I agree. Also, what are the stakes for Bev and Sean at the moment? Either stay in LA and get lots of money for a new show or go back to the UK to the life they perceive as better? Sean is getting his head slightly turned by the LA prospect but you know he wouldn't risk it for his marriage. Either way they win.

Series 2 was far better for me as the marriage was at risk all the way through. They've tried to bring the sub-characters more into it but they were never as interesting. Hoping for better in series 4, I am a fan of this show but it needs to find its high-staked conflict again.

I thought last night's final episode was good; some very funny bits. The thing that seemed a bit far fetched and a bit to convenient was that Merc told Salad about Matt's pilot. Surely that can't have been a secret. And now, presumably, Bev and Sean will be contractually obliged to come back and write it.

It seems everyone is back to where they were at the start of the series, except Joey isn't in a relationship.

Seems like a throwaway series after last night's very good episode.

Enjoyed last night's episode, made me laugh out loud. However does feel like we are back to square one for the next series, if there is one? Bit predictable!

Quote: teenage comedy freak @ 10th July 2014, 7:30 PM BST

Enjoyed last night's episode, made me laugh out loud. However does feel like we are back to square one for the next series, if there is one? Bit predictable!

Yes, series four filming soon I believe. :)

I think they may actually begin filming next month.

Anyway.

I really enjoyed the final episode. In fact I've thought the whole series was much sharper and funnier than the previous two. There's been some very fair comment made about the storyline and how they don't seem to have progressed, but I think on reflection they probably did what they needed to, to get the characters through and onto a different set of problems for Series 4. Will be very much looking forward to it.