From the horses mouth...

Not that we needed reminding but just come out of a meeting with a bbc comedy commisioning editor. And what they are after is CHARACTERS
Dont get hung up on settings or concepts - just big broad characters.
Think Mainwairing, Dibley, Fawlty....
Like I say, as if we needed telling.

Well worth the trip. Hope you got a cupcake.

Cup of tea, a couple of names and another meeting.
So, yes, well worth the trip.
Though, coming from Ludlow, Salford is a lot easier than London!

Quote: Micheal Jacob @ 19th June 2014, 7:07 PM BST

Aren't they all? ;)

This one was particularly...

Another meeting is good. Hope it leads to something.

Yes - we're pleased.
We had a slate of projects - on the ones that weren't right for him (half-hour comedy) he set us a with someone in drama.
Plus some very solid steers on where the channel is going and what they're after.
So a good outcome.

Any news of a second series of Krod Mandoon?

An ensemble or one protagonist?

It was an ensemble although Krod was the central character and drove the narrative.

If they after characters, I know someone who runs around The Range naked except for a fright wig...

(In other words I think plots are pretty important too...)

Quite right Paul. Stuff the people who buy and make stuff. When they tell you what they want give em something else. They know they want it really.

No, it just seems a bit too obvious to be any use. I can't change my writing style in any case, I'm just too congealed, like a month old breakfast...

I'm sure if you hired me I'd listen and work something out, that's all you can do.

They won't hire you on that basis. They won't hire you at all. You have to sell them something. I am sure you work to a brief with the online agency you use. If you can't change your style to something that sells then it remains a fun hobby I hope.

Quote: Micheal Jacob @ 19th June 2014, 7:07 PM BST

topical booyah