Status report Page 5,595

It's true RCP - Myers Briggs says so.

OK Soots, I will give you homeopathy. But it is different to psychic claims.

Quote: sootyj @ 8th April 2014, 8:30 PM BST

It's the same principle as homeopathy, talk to someone who listens sympathetically for an hour. Tells you, it's not your help and makes you feel better.

I had to do the Myers thing once, you didn't talk to anyone just ticked a load (a bloody load) of questions and out came the answer.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 8th April 2014, 8:22 PM BST

What I find hard to stomach is these 'celebrity' psychics who do tours and fill massive halls...that is entertainment, pure and simple, it preys on the vulnerable and is deeply impersonal.
If someone thinks they have 'the gift' then by all means share it but a)don't charge and b) do it in private.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2510966/Sylvia-Browne-wrongly-predicted-death-Ohio-kidnapping-victim-Amanda-Berry-passes-away-77.html

Quote: sootyj @ 8th April 2014, 8:30 PM BST

hmmmmmm

http://www.thewire.com/global/2014/04/pakistani-nine-month-old-baby-accused-of-murder-on-the-lam/360312/

Now that would be impressive. Would beat all the "Look, here's Rufus at 18 months teaching Sunshine Bear the basics of String Theory" I see on FB.

Whatever. My kid can commit MURDER.

Quote: Jennie @ 8th April 2014, 8:30 PM BST

The ones I can't stand are the online career tests, I keep getting bloody CEO. I'd love to be a CEO but no one will let me. Angry

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 8th April 2014, 8:31 PM BST

I had to do the Myers thing once, you didn't talk to anyone just ticked a load (a bloody load) of questions and out came the answer.

Sorry for the confabulation. I meanthat's how homeopathy works etc, where as MB gives some fairly pointless and vague information, but its let HR tick a few boxes for a grand or so

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 8th April 2014, 8:34 PM BST

The ones I can't stand are the online career tests, I keep getting bloody CEO. I'd love to be a CEO but no one will let me. Angry

Didn't the Psychopath Test thingy say that most in that sort of position show psychopathic tendencies....?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 8th April 2014, 8:34 PM BST

It's your Oppositional Defiance Disorder.

Myers Briggs doesn't restrict itself to careers. I now know what kind of friend, parent and indeed lover I am. Fascinating stuff.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 8th April 2014, 8:31 PM BST

So what did you come out as?

Quote: Jennie @ 8th April 2014, 8:30 PM BST

OK Soots, I will give you homeopathy. But it is different to psychic claims.

But it's on the same continuum of weak, poorly researched statements given massive status.

Surely anything the government says would fall into that category?

Quote: sootyj @ 8th April 2014, 8:32 PM BST

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2510966/Sylvia-Browne-wrongly-predicted-death-Ohio-kidnapping-victim-Amanda-Berry-passes-away-77.html

Scary the amount of credence these people are given.

Quote: Jennie @ 8th April 2014, 8:36 PM BST

It's your Oppositional Defiance Disorder.

Myers Briggs doesn't restrict itself to careers. I now know what kind of friend, parent and indeed lover I am. Fascinating stuff.

Just so long as you're not using it in court or on your cat for that matter.

And we've all known RCP is ODD for quite some time.

Quote: Jennie @ 8th April 2014, 8:38 PM BST

Surely anything the government says would fall into that category?

Well not everything.

Any way who trusts the government

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 8th April 2014, 8:12 PM BST

If you and your boyfriend are dead posh and you went to a psychic in Kensington, then I would be more inclined to be amazed.

Again, no offence intended, but the psychic could have done the same 'your Granddad is singing I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles' on Jeremy Kyle and half the audience would identify with it.

I think successful psychics are very good at picking up clues on how people talk, dress, carry themselves to make an assessment - plus they can always look clients up on Facebook beforehand. As much as we all like to think we're smoking hot iconoclastic individuals, people are pretty similar. It's why I make so many sweeping generalisations on the BCG.

If I were Mystic Renegade and someone came in with neck tattoos or scars on their wrists, it'd be pretty easy to be 95% correct about their past...and most likely their future.

But we don't live anywhere near London. We are hundreds of miles away.
It would have been completely random if she had been wrong, and to say it was his grandad as well when she could have said anyone.
AND he isn't on facebook or anything else like that...

That's why it freaked him out.
She must have just been very very very lucky Unimpressed

And he only went once. I have been told lots and lots of things that they just could not have known.

But if you don't believe you don't believe... ho hum

Quote: Jennie @ 8th April 2014, 8:36 PM BST

Can't remember the exact combination, think it was something like INFJ.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 8th April 2014, 8:35 PM BST

Didn't the Psychopath Test thingy say that most in that sort of position show psychopathic tendencies....?

:D

Though there are many types of psychopathic behaviour. My apparent lack of empathy might lead people to believe I have similar characteristics, but they'd be wrong. I am capable of great empathy, I just don't gush it around like a busted fire hydrant every time the media tells me to.