Status report Page 5,592

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th April 2014, 10:16 PM BST

Laughing out loud

There are plenty of charlatans and fakers no doubt

But there's no doubt in my mind that some people are born with 'the gift'

It's fine if people don't believe , but they shouldn't belittle others who think otherwise

http://www.openbible.info/topics/palmistry

Basically being a Christian who believes in palmistry is like being a kosher pig farmer

There are no gifts, its just a wicked exploitation of the foolish

They should be belittled publicly

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th April 2014, 10:28 PM BST

Says who??

God

I'm sure no one's having a go at Hannah personally though! If she likes it then who gives a shit what anyone else thinks. Everyone's gotta have a hobby. ;)

No, definitely not!

To change the subject, I did the Myers-Briggs personality test today. I have done it before and was always a bit sceptical, but I am now fully converted. My personality type (summarised as argumentative)) is actually pretty accurate.

If anyone is bored, it is definitely worth giving a go.

Is that the one that gives you INFJ type results?

Yep. I am an ENTP, apparently.

This is the test:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

The personality analysis is here:

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html

Quote: Jennie @ 7th April 2014, 10:43 PM BST

No, definitely not!

To change the subject, I did the Myers-Briggs personality test today. I have done it before and was always a bit sceptical, but I am now fully converted. My personality type (summarised as argumentative)) is actually pretty accurate.

If anyone is bored, it is definitely worth giving a go.

Myers Brigg is what I'd class as a godless superstition

I thought that before. But I am apparently the "lawyer" type. So I am converted. I accept that it perhaps represents who I would like to be, rather than who I am.

It got me right when I did it too. I am a massive INFJ, ie a freak.

Oooh...*goes to look up Zooo*.

INFJ
They are deep, complex individuals, who are quite private and typically difficult to understand. INFJs hold back part of themselves, and can be secretive.

But the INFJ is as genuinely warm as they are complex. INFJs hold a special place in the heart of people who they are close to, who are able to see their special gifts and depth of caring. INFJs are concerned for people's feelings, and try to be gentle to avoid hurting anyone. They are very sensitive to conflict, and cannot tolerate it very well. Situations which are charged with conflict may drive the normally peaceful INFJ into a state of agitation or charged anger.

Aww. That's rather nice.

Quote: sootyj @ 7th April 2014, 10:37 PM BST

http://www.openbible.info/topics/palmistry

Basically being a Christian who believes in palmistry is like being a kosher pig farmer

There are no gifts, its just a wicked exploitation of the foolish

They should be belittled publicly

God

It's all about personal belief.

I believe in God, but I don't believe a lot of what's in the Bible. Mainly because the Bible has been written and translated and f**ked about with by HUMAN BEINGS. And you can't rely on human beings.

God loves us all. Psychics are born with these abilities. God made them and God loves them. If the Bible days these people are going to hell for using these gifts - I say that's conplete bollocks

I worship God, not the Bible

Two different things for me

Quote: Jennie @ 7th April 2014, 10:54 PM BST

Oooh...*goes to look up Zooo*.

INFJ
They are deep, complex individuals, who are quite private and typically difficult to understand. INFJs hold back part of themselves, and can be secretive.

But the INFJ is as genuinely warm as they are complex. INFJs hold a special place in the heart of people who they are close to, who are able to see their special gifts and depth of caring. INFJs are concerned for people's feelings, and try to be gentle to avoid hurting anyone. They are very sensitive to conflict, and cannot tolerate it very well. Situations which are charged with conflict may drive the normally peaceful INFJ into a state of agitation or charged anger.

Aww. That's rather nice.

Ha, well I'm sure they word all of them to sound faintly positive. Even the one that means you're likely a psychopath.

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th April 2014, 10:54 PM BST

Psychics are born with these abilities.

Huh? Oooookay.

Here's what you do Lofty -

1) Book your appointment and then cancel at the last minute.

2) Ask for the winning lottery numbers and offer to pay your bill after scooping the jackpot.

If they complain about either, then they're frauds. Scratch that, they're all frauds.

This is true. The psychopath one would talk about how committed they were to the things they believe in!

I bet you are quite a rare type - an intuitive feeler who is also a judger is not that common.

I do love a good judgin'.

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th April 2014, 10:54 PM BST

It's all about personal belief.

Or is it about truth?

Would you rather spend your life believing you have heard from a loved one or investigate the claim of being psychic at the risk of it being untrue?