That Mitchell And Webb Look 2 Page 2

Yes...very hit and miss, shame as I like the first series. As David H said he radio series seemed much better.

One of the bits I did find funny was the spoof of Channel 5 docu-shock progammes (The Boy With An Arse For A Face). This was made funnier by the BEEB showing a trailer for 'The 92 Year Old Danger Junkie' directly after the show! (Victorian freak shows are alive and well and get commissioned! :D )

I know david h didn't like the Sky Sports sketch but I thought it worked fine and perfectly lambasted the ridiculous hyperbole that those kind of trailers usually entail.

Thought the innuendo hospital was very good. The football spoof was waaaaaaay too long and the only real LOL bit for me was at the very very end with the typewriter.

But I struggled with most of the rest of it. Crude for the sake of it and a bit weak overall. They could do so much better.

i 100% agree with blenkinsop!!! Your analysis of the show is PERFECT!

The typewriter was great wasn't it! And the 70s hospital was spot on.

I actually found quite a few of the sketches funny... some of the more obscure ones were the best - the idea that every TV show has its own garden for example. The sly dig at Two Pints was excellent.

Yeh the digs at 2 pints was brilliant!! Personally the hospital gag was the funniest....But i dont think it was better than the first series

I enjoyed it on the whole. Several of the sketches - the hospital, the reenactment, the typewriter etc. - made me laugh and they are always entertaining to watch. There were a few duff sketches in the middle but I'm hopeful for the rest of the series.

SIR DIGBY CHICKEN CEASAR!

Well, I enjoyed it but I mostly echo the comments about it being hit and miss. The Numberwang spoof was good though. "Oooh, it's an anagram."

The welsh scene making a swan with a lock didnt do it for me...although i loved the heres one i made early final product!

Bit poor. Disappointing.

I would like to have seen a few more M&W regulars (snooker commenatators, BMX Bandit etc) now and then though. Maybe in future shows...

Arse for face was funny, as was the typewriter. Hospital was good.

Can do better. C+.

first time i've seen them. lot of the sketches were nice concepts but just went on and on. The hospital was the same gag 3 times, the football one was good but could have lost 20 secs, the garden thing was ok but the 2 pints thing was a bit "in joke". Only thing i laughed at was the typewritter.

I only recently discovered Peep Show. I have watched series 1 & 2 and am watching series 1 again. I f**ken love it; love Mitchell & Webb as a team; love Super Hands for the gnarly, slimy creep that he is...

I watched last night's That Mitchell & Webb Look...There were some mildly funny moments...Was there a laugh track?!?...Overall it was a disappointment in comparison to Peep Show...The guys prove they can act outside of the box of their Peep Show characters but I don't care. As with Coogan's Partridge, I just want to see them at their best and their best will always be their Peep Show characters.

And just a quick kick in the groins of some of you twigs:
F**k you and your adherence to the passing fashion of dissing repeatable characters and episodic sketches. Your slavish praise of shows that only feature one-off sketches but belies your inability to write anything but one-off sketches. You couldn't write three episodes featuring the same characters if you tried for the rest of your life.

You can't even develop one single unique character to write three episodes for. Punchliners, that's what you are. Bottom of the barrel.

For the record: I thought Little Britain was often hilarious. Lucas & Walliams were brilliant comic actors. I loved seeing their repeatable characters---especially the Puking Lady. Yea, I know what's coming, she's gonna act pleased and then act disgusted and then puke an ungodly amount of sick---and I'm gonna laugh!

I like familiarity---and you can't get that with one-offs. With one-offs you inevitably reach the actor's limitations so that the actor may be dressed as a character never seen before and is playing someone named Mr Jones but looks and sounds like a previous one-off character named Mr Smith...

I'm gonna lean back and stretch now and cut a seriously stinky fart...and think of you.

I think dissapointing would be *the* word to sum up this programme, they had some good sketches but they were mostly copies of the ones they did on the radio and to be honest they were all much better on the radio.

Boy with arse for face was radio.
Football was radio, and it worked a lot better on the radio because they could do it at the right speed.
I believe the numberwang code was done on their third radio series.
Sir Digby Chicken Ceaser kind of works on the radio but really doesn't on TV.

I know TV is generally considered "better" or "your more of a sucess on the TV than the radio" but really they should stay on radio with this programme and keep Peep Show as their TV presence.

The boy with the arse for the face...I'm surprised no-ones mentioned it before, but that was done in South Park.

In the same way as Mitchell and Webb did it or just there was a boy with an arse for a face at some point?