That Mitchell And Webb Look 2 Page 6

No, I think I've taken it almost into the arena of the writer's forum and all the problems about writing and getting a sketch show made thesedays. (Hangs head in shame.)

And a legitimate point that is. I'm just asking why it's such a crucial point, whether you're a fan, a writer, or a producer. If people were less concerned with this low production values stuff, it sounds like you might have had a show made! Like I said, nothing personal. It just set me off. :D

No-one seems to have mentioned the very heavily pregnant Olivia Colman in Mitchel and Webb.
I love Mitchell and Webb but, as a mother and a woman, I cant help but watch the programme and worry about her as she is waddling through each scene.
Fair play, the woman is funny and is great with M+W.

Seems theres been a bit of negativity regarding this shows return; I just got around to watching episode two and I have to say I thought it was great. Lots of great ideas skillfully realised; and, most importantly, very funny. A step up I thought from last weeks opener.

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 29, 2008, 6:58 PM

The wavy arm guy for me didn't make sense. I don't think that anybody would exaggerate their arm movements like that after having been asked not to. For me it was a breach of one of the first rules of comedy (Spike) you gotta have reality. And by the time it was "take five" it was more "take the piss"

It was a silly exaggeration of the tendancy theyve observed in certain tv historians; and since when did sketches have to have so called 'reality'? There is so, so much great comedy that would obviously never in a million years actually happen, because most people arent mental, and to do three quaters of the things that occur in sitcoms or sketch shows you would have to be insane!

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 29, 2008, 6:58 PM

(The wavy arm guy for me didn't make sense. I don't think that anybody would exaggerate their arm movements like that after having been asked not to.

Heres a perfect example, from the great Fry and Laurie; a wonderful sketch, but theres no way, in real life, the bloke being interviewed would carry on time after time telling his story after being repeatedly told to wait. And yet in this sketch he does. And its hilarious.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vJBgSCcy6iI

Quote: Kes83 @ March 1, 2008, 8:18 PM

No-one seems to have mentioned the very heavily pregnant Olivia Colman in Mitchel and Webb.
I love Mitchell and Webb but, as a mother and a woman, I cant help but watch the programme and worry about her as she is waddling through each scene.
Fair play, the woman is funny and is great with M+W.

I have a friend who is a friend of Olivia... I wouldn't worry too much about her, she's a very clever and sensible gal.

I didn't even notice she was pregnant.

I thought last night's ep was the weakest of the series so far. Several of the sketches dragged on for far too long but, having said that, it still made me laugh quite a few times.

I've been a defender of this show so far but I thought last nights was very poor indeed. The cricket film sketch seemed to go on for an eternity, and was completely devoid of laughs. The cheese smelling robot was similarly long winded and light on laughs. I did laugh a few times, but I can't remember what made me laugh.

Seemingly going against the grain here but I think the programme is awful. Without going into excessiveanalysis, there simply hasn't been anything of note to really make me laugh. It appears to me that Mitchell & Webb have, over the past few years, become media darlings and are lauded and praised for some very mediocre (at best) output.

In terms of sketch shows I think Aaron hit the nail on the head earlier - oh for some new comedy of the like of Kenny Everett in his prime. Perhaps I'm just too much of a fan of The Fast Show - now there was a show filled with brilliant characters, supremely talented contributors and excellent writing.

I must admit I'm starting to lose a bit of patience with it now. The episodes seem to be getting progressively worse. Think I'm at the stage now where I'll keep watching, in hope as much as anything, but I won't cry if I miss one.

Watch Peep Show series 4 to wash the bad taste out. Webb is incredibly funny throughout the series. Really at his peak with the facial expressions and voice overs.

I started watching Peep Show to see Dave Mitchell but now Webb is my favourite. Both are excellent, but Webb really comes into his own in series 4.

I found it maybe the funniest episode so far.

The cheese/petril robot, and the 'cheese isn't cooked milk' argument in particular.

Loved this weeks episode, I think the series is just getting better and better as it goes along. Apart from the helivets, theyre rubbish.

Oh yes, they are not good.

The reanimated corpses sketch was actually quite disturbing, especially when he tried to climb back into the freezer. :(