Newsjack - Series 10 Page 3

That is true, but I think it's quite a good indicator of how popular a programme is. Afterall, some very popular ones now have a 'ballot' style draw for the tickets. :D

Two series a year seems right. I'm sure they don't want too much overlap with the established R4 topical shows The News Quiz and The Now Show. Rather than more series of Newsjack a year it would be good to offer something else satirical with a bit of bite.

It would be nice to have more outlets for gag writers rather than just sketch writers.

Quote: StephenM @ 7th February 2014, 11:32 AM GMT

They appear to have gone again! Have they really sold out that quickly???

I'm sure they can't have all gone yet. I normally get all the comedy ticket alerts and I haven't had one for Newsjack yet. Maybe they sent out the original link too early? Or maybe Bonzo's getting her own private show??

I seem to recall they normally do it a couple of weeks before the start.

The BBC does seem to be making changes to the ticket rules, though. I had an alert for something else the other day which stipulated that tickets were non-transferable (though they're only asking for the details of the booker - not any additional names if more than one ordered). Can't see why, though; it's not unless any money changes hands (or am I missing a trick??).

It's for identifying the bodies. Quicker than dental records...

Quote: V Riddoch @ 12th February 2014, 8:13 AM GMT

I'm sure they can't have all gone yet. I normally get all the comedy ticket alerts and I haven't had one for Newsjack yet. Maybe they sent out the original link too early? Or maybe Bonzo's getting her own private show??

I seem to recall they normally do it a couple of weeks before the start.

The BBC does seem to be making changes to the ticket rules, though. I had an alert for something else the other day which stipulated that tickets were non-transferable (though they're only asking for the details of the booker - not any additional names if more than one ordered). Can't see why, though; it's not unless any money changes hands (or am I missing a trick??).

I used the link that Ian posted. I never got the email either - I usually do, but not for this. I think they want your details to stop people from selling their tickets - apparently over 22 thousand applied for final episode of cabin pressure!

Quote: Bonzo @ 12th February 2014, 4:14 PM GMT

apparently over 22 thousand applied for final episode of cabin pressure!

Maybe should have recorded it in an arena or over a week-long tour.

Quote: Bonzo @ 12th February 2014, 4:14 PM GMT

I used the link that Ian posted. I never got the email either - I usually do, but not for this. I think they want your details to stop people from selling their tickets - apparently over 22 thousand applied for final episode of cabin pressure!

Ah, that was the one that had the non-transferable blurb (I'd forgotten which one it was). And I've just had the usual alert for The Unbelievable Truth, so it must be specific to Cabin Pressure.

Never mind being delighted when one of our own gets on Newsjack; we should hold a street party if someone gets in the CP audience...

Tickets are not even listed on the audience tickets page - not even to say 'sold out'. Very mysterious.

Quote: Bonzo @ 19th February 2014, 12:10 PM GMT

Tickets are not even listed on the audience tickets page - not even to say 'sold out'. Very mysterious.

Yes just checked and still nothing. Need some solace after getting rejected for both the Unbelievable Truth and Cabin Pressure.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001387/romesh_ranganathan_new_host_format_newsjack_radio4/

:O

They've completely changed the format:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00kvs8r/features/submission-rules

Also, note the new email address:

newsjacksubmissions@bbc.co.uk

And it seems to start a week earlier than I was expecting - not much time between the end of TSWYW and the start of NJ.

New format new opportunity for some new writers to get noticed?

Quote: StephenM @ 24th February 2014, 5:26 PM GMT

New format new opportunity for some new writers to get noticed?

and a handy excuse for those who don't!

Quote: DubiousG @ 24th February 2014, 5:18 PM GMT

They've completely changed the format:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00kvs8r/features/submission-rules

Is it me or are the templates not even there?