Newsjack - Series 10 Page 2

Well the newsjack end of series email that got sent out seemed to imply TSWYW was going to be before Newsjack as it said it was back early in the new year, then NJ in Feb. I'm guessing it's been postponed for a while maybe until after the next Newsjack, they might be working on setting it up now hopefully. I've started hammering away already though in anticipation, which gives me enough time to hate 90% of my work and only send 10% in.

I think they said at some point that TSWYW news would be announced before January - but I always thought it more likely to be before the end of January.

So are you just banging out loads of sketches hoping that some are in the chosen themes for series 2? Have they given an indication what the themes will be? Or are you just planning to send your best 10% and hope they fit into one show or another?

Quote: ash williamson @ 30th January 2014, 3:35 PM GMT

Well out Newsjack new postponed they. I've me only.

BTW - Not sure that sending every 10th word is the way to do it.

From the @NewsjackBBC Twitter feed...

"Hello writers. New series of The Show What You Wrote coming soon. New writers brief will be up on the website as soon as technology allows"

Today I was told the themes for the new series of show what you wrote on condition that I never reveal the audio recording I have of Terry Nutkins fondling a day old Kestrel to tears.

Science and Nature

Geography

Art and Literature

Sport and Leisure

Casual Racism

One of those is a lie but I'll let you figure out which one. Also we get three goes at each this time, last time we all sent too many and they all went deaf in the face. Apparently stuffs going up tomorrow about it.

The lie's too easy to spot - as if radio 4 would want a show on sport.

Thanks Ash. Sounds like TSWYW is about to get its own thread.

Quote: ash williamson @ 30th January 2014, 10:22 PM GMT

Science and Nature

Geography

Art and Literature

Sport and Leisure

Casual Racism

If this is correct I suspect they drew inspiration from the Trivial Pursuit (Daily Mail edition) as the only piece of cheese missing is 'history' which they did last series.

Isn't 'Geography' an odd subject? Given the subject drift last series I wonder just what that may become. Probably 'holidays'.

I wonder how many documentary-dtyle Science & Nature sketches TSWYW will get which feel oddly familiar...

That's the problem with having Geography as a topic.

You start off ok, but then continental drift sets in...

Tickets for the next series are available: http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/shows/newsjack_marapr14

Quote: Ian Wolf @ 6th February 2014, 9:21 AM GMT

Tickets for the next series are available: http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/shows/newsjack_marapr14

Thanks! I've applied!

Quote: Ian Wolf @ 6th February 2014, 9:21 AM GMT

They appear to have gone again! Have they really sold out that quickly???

Quote: StephenM @ 7th February 2014, 11:32 AM GMT

They appear to have gone again! Have they really sold out that quickly???

Stephen, I have applied for tickets to the penultimate show, you can have one if I get them.

Quote: Bonzo @ 7th February 2014, 1:16 PM GMT

Stephen, I have applied for tickets to the penultimate show, you can have one if I get them.

Thanks, I make take you up on that! But am surprised it came and went so quickly. Is it getting that popular?

Well, last series, people were saying that if you didn't arrive really early then you just wouldn't get in. So I think it's getting more popular. Hopefully though, if there is so much interest, they'll do more than 2 series a year?

Quote: Bonzo @ 10th February 2014, 2:25 PM GMT

Well, last series, people were saying that if you didn't arrive really early then you just wouldn't get in. So I think it's getting more popular. Hopefully though, if there is so much interest, they'll do more than 2 series a year?

Whilst I'd love 3 or 4 series per year (at least until I'm discovered, after which they can pull up the ladder :D) surely BBC Radio don't decide how many series to do based on the demand for tickets to the recording...