The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 517

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 6th December 2013, 7:11 PM GMT

Pretty tough group, good luck!

Thanks. In the Amazonian rainforest where there will be a hostile reception too. I feel particularly sorry for Roy Hodgson who has worked efficiently and with principle. He deserved better fortune. Ecuador, France, Honduras. Switzerland are through to the next round already. They will be my second team for the duration.

Quote: Horseradish @ 6th December 2013, 7:58 PM GMT

Ecuador, France, Honduras. Switzerland are through to the next round already.

I'm not sure. The match against Equador will be crucial.
Speaking of Roy Hodgson, is it a well known fact in Britain that he was the (succesful) manager of the Swiss team during the 90s?

That draw is nuts. How the hell can Belgium and Switzerland be top seeds and Italy and Holland not, with their records at WCs??? And as Uruguay are top seeds and Italy 2nd, how can England be 3rd? Ranked 13th, usually reach knockout stage in WC, we're put in the same level as Cameroon and Algeria!!

Effing fifa are biased morons with a grudge problem. Blatter's sucking up to Switzerland by seeding them 1st, which is bizarre, unless you remember that the Swiss govt. said they want FIFA to move their plush headquarters out of the country by the end of the year because their dodgy dealing was giving the Swiss a bad name. That's the Nazi gold hoarding, non EU central European nation of war and tax avoiders whose greatest contribution to the world is a weird bar of chocolate, a cheese with holes in and a funny clock. Morning Gordon.

Tough group but I always think that brings the best out of England, look at the mess they made of a ridiculously easy group last time. Time we exposed Italy as the bunch of liberty taking, referee manipulating, play acting, professional fouling long haired girls they really are. Make it Prem v serie a.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 7th December 2013, 9:30 AM GMT

That draw is nuts. How the hell can Belgium and Switzerland be top seeds and Italy and Holland not, with their records at WCs???

Because of that stupid FIFA world ranking system. For example us Swisses, we had a more than easy qualifying group with great football nations like Gustafssonia or Fuzzywuzzyland so that we won one or two matches more than Italy...and now we're in front of them in the ranking. We're head of the group but it will be a struggle for us to get to the next round even in that mildly tough group. I can understand your anger.

Blatter is one of the most hated men in Switzerland because he and his Mafia organisation really gives us a bad name.

But hey Alfred, you're not being fair. We also gave the world Ursula Andress!! ;)

The Bond girl of all Bond girls in my view.

Yes, I knew that Roy had managed Switzerland. A bit bloody-mindedly perhaps, I like him. I like the fact he's from Croydon. I like the way he generally has his feet on the ground. I very much liked the way he decided to settle the players down by taking them to Auschwitz and yet gave each of them choice about going.

Maybe I spoke too soon. We only have one game in Manaus and it is against another European team. I'm not going to do a Hoddle and write them off before it's started. And as interviews go, I did like this a lot:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25264783

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Shitting Christ, United! Is it Moyes? Is it the midfield? Probably a mixture of both. Even a place in the Europa League is looking beyond us. Maybe we'll do a Chelsea and sneak in through a cup win.

I bet Chappers hasn't had this many orgasms since he was about nineteen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2519832/Manchester-United-star-Wilfried-Zaha-forced-deny-relationship-manager-David-Moyess-daughter.html

:D

The Moyes' daughter thing is a bit strange. I think it's probably false.

Staying on United, I watched the Class of '92 film earlier and it's a great documentary. If you're a Man Utd fan that is...

Laughing out loud

Ha ha. I bet Moyes is loving all the jokes coming his way about finally getting a win for Everton at ManU. People like Chappers have been waiting years for this window of opportunity. Shame as he's a likable bloke who's grafted to get where he has. He's now copping the hatred that is really meant for Fergie and MU in general, a bit like Gordon Brown being left to take the bile held for Blair and his reign.

Quote: Ben @ 7th December 2013, 8:47 PM GMT

Shitting Christ, United! Is it Moyes? Is it the midfield? Probably a mixture of both. Even a place in the Europa League is looking beyond us. Maybe we'll do a Chelsea and sneak in through a cup win.

Well done agent Moyes. you're doing a great job.

I remember well the last time they were relegated!

Quote: Oldrocker @ 8th December 2013, 11:18 AM GMT

Love it!

Champions League this week.