Status report Page 5,434

Harridan has decided she would like to be Margaret Rutherford when she grows up.

Quote: Tursiops @ 7th December 2013, 1:30 PM GMT

I once had girl in my team at work whom I was supervising; after six months she presented me with a huge penis I had left on her desk.

Was it your own?

Oh no you don't. You really don't.
If she was the one in 'Blithe Spirit' her performance was God awful. I had a look at it a few years ago when I had to play the part and I truly thought she was crap. Probably the performance was appropriate for the time but it was quite false compared to acting nowadays.

I've just eaten far too many Roses and may honk on the carpet.

Quote: Harridan @ 7th December 2013, 11:22 PM GMT

Harridan has decided she would like to be Margaret Rutherford when she grows up.

Don't ever change, Harridan.

Quote: keewik @ 7th December 2013, 11:34 PM GMT

I've just eaten far too many Roses and may honk on the carpet.

Bucket?

Quote: keewik @ 7th December 2013, 11:34 PM GMT

Oh no you don't. You really don't.
If she was the one in 'Blithe Spirit' her performance was God awful. I had a look at it a few years ago when I had to play the part and I truly thought she was crap. Probably the performance was appropriate for the time but it was quite false compared to acting nowadays.

That is her, and I loved her in Blythe Spirit! I think she's hilarious!

I liked her in that too! I rewatched the Happiest Days of Your Lives when that was on last weekend; she was excellent in that also, as were Sims, Grenfell and Wattis.

I'm currently watching Murder, She Said for the first time. Bought the Marple boxset ages ago and forgot all about it until this evening.

Quote: zooo @ 7th December 2013, 12:27 PM GMT

Aw, that's not fair. I always do the 3 for 2 thing.

In the sock situation, that would really only be of benefit to a 3-legged person.

no work today thank god

Nogget finally got round to watching Deathly Hallows 1, and wonders why no one mentioned how dreary it was. 20 minutes of fun and 2 hours of them sitting around looking miserable... is part 2 more of the same?

Probably the book wasn't much cop.

JK Rowlings got a big dose of the Stephen King bloat around about the Order of the Phoenix and the films are pretty faithful.

THE BOOKS ARE GOOD. DON'T BE SLAGGING THE BOOKS.

Theyre entertainingly written, and the first 4 are genre classics

But c'mon the Deathly Hallows was no ones idea of a classic.

THEY ARE ALL EXCELLENT.

I kinda judge a book on how fast I read it. I mean I love Stephen King, but in Insomnia I just hit a brick wall at page 100. It was so bad my brain refused to read it let alone enjoy it.