Flight Of The Conchords Page 12

It's better!
It's fantastic now.

i'm quite pleased i missed them. it means i can await the box set with excitement.

Its a great show, and very consistent; and Murray is now one of my favourite comedy characters!

"Yo, Frodo, what you doing wearing the ring, all powerful jewelery is that you new thing, I know it's hard when your little more than 3 foot 4, with your ass so close to the floor, trying to lead the fellows to the gates of Mordor, the fellowship, yeah the fellowship, I don't rap about bitches and hoes, I rap about withes and trolls."

Haha. Rapping Hobbits.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 6, 2007, 8:16 PM

Its a great show, and very consistent;

That's my only issue. I didn't think it was very consistent. Episode 3 stands head and shoulders above the rest for me. But I got drawn into the characters and humour and enjoyed the others too.

Ok, so it's a couple of months since the last post here but why not...

Originally I'd seen bits and pieces and dismissed this show as weak comedy wise, but recently at the insistence of a friend, I gave it a go and actually enjoyed it.

A lot of the songs are really well done and I liked the clever little jokes which seem lame but are presented as part of the conversation such as: The manager says when he first saw the band he told them to face the audience, they've never looked back since.

"Inner City Pressure" and "Foux Da Fa Fa" were my favourite songs. Anyone who has learnt basic French as a second language should be able to appreciate the opening lines of Foux Da Fa Fa.

I think this is one of those shows that get cumulatively more funny. When I first watched it I thought it was just okay, but the more episodes I watched the more I started to love it, until now it's one of my favourite American shows. And Murray is pure genius.

Also, has anyone seen Shark vs. Eagle, the film which stars the more Neanderhal looking of the Conchords?

I've just been watching it as clips of it on youtube under order of my friend. I can see why he was so hyped about it now! I love the Hiphopopotomous!

Oh yes! One of my favourite songs.

I love the song where they're rapping, on their bikes, erm... 'Mother 'ucking' something...

I did read the other day that due to the recent writers' strike, we won't see new episodes on HBO until sometime in 2009. Too bad. Funny stuff.

I love the talking stove!

The word form the horses mouth (sorry Jemaine) is that they are writing the second series at the moment and are scheduling Jan 2009 for its first airing. More disappointingly, they aren't planning any more tours until they have finished writing it.

Although occasionally hit-and-miss this made me laugh the loudest in the past year. This after I stopped watching and rediscovered it through you guys.

I just recieved the first season and to be perfectly honest, I'm not finding it very good, sure it has it's laughs and it's growing on me a bit but I don't get all the hype, seems to stretch the plots a bit thin and put some semi-funny songs into the mix.

Sometimes it grows on people. It did me.

well only watched 3-4 episodes. So I will give it more of a chance.