Nicholas Lyndhurst Interview Page 2

I agree with the article completely, reality shows have ruined television completely and Simon Cowell is one of the big ones to blame. It's penetrated everywhere, even History Television! This is one of my favourite graphs related to reality television:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SqhhJb_P3Kk/S1c4CltFAPI/AAAAAAAAKwI/EHkfDXVUQQs/s1600/History%2BChannel%2Bgraph.png

I think we have a *few* standout sitcoms, Miranda being one of them, but it isn't like the good old days, that's for sure.

Quote: Charlie Boy @ August 24 2013, 9:04 AM BST

What a prat! Slagging off a show (New Tricks) that he hasn't yet been seen on!

Who, what, If you are referring to me then I suggest you read it again

Quote: Longingfortheoldclassics @ August 21 2013, 9:08 PM BST

I found him watchable in Goodnight Sweetheart but I enjoyed that series. I actually never liked him in Rock & Chips (then again I never liked Rock & Chips much) as it was too weird seeing him as someone else if you know what I mean. I am actually going to start a thread one day about recommendations for sitcoms as I have basically washed my hands of British sitcoms and find myself almost totally watching American.
I could never ever watch him in a drama though

I could be wrong - often am -- but I think you'll find the trend running the other direction. Numbers of North Americans have washed their hands of the mostly awful American sitcoms in favour of British sitcoms.

Have you seen Two Broke Girls? Or Whitney? Or Rules of Engagement?

Drek.

Exceptions to the rule: The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family.

Quote: Rose2010 @ August 25 2013, 11:24 PM BST

I could be wrong - often am -- but I think you'll find the trend running the other direction. Numbers of North Americans have washed their hands of the mostly awful American sitcoms in favour of British sitcoms.

Have you seen Two Broke Girls? Or Whitney? Or Rules of Engagement?

Drek.

Exceptions to the rule: The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family.

To be honest I think it is probably down to the individual. When I meant I found myself veering towards American sitcoms I am probably talking over a 10+ year period.

The Big Bang Theory - I love this but mainly because of Sheldon, he could possibly be my favourite sitcom character outside of Only Fools And Horses and George Roper from George & Mildred. The one pointless character I find in that is actually Leonard, it's like he is a spare part.

2 Broke Girls, too bad to even go into it.

Whitney, never heard of it.

Rules of Engagement - I actually like that series.

Sheldon is wonderful but it's the chemistry of the ensemble that makes the show ... like OFAH. I think we saw that in Fraser and in Friends, two other great American series. Not much of that calibre since except for BBT.