Britain's worst ever sitcom Page 3

I like Pulling and Shane - not pulling Shane - oh no!

Worst in my opinion was "Oh Doctor Beaching".

You know I've been looking back and forth and this topic since yesterday and I still can't name a single sitcom that I would consider to be the worst.

Sure there's some I don't terribly care for but none I truly dislike, Not that I can think off at this very moment anyway.

And some of the sitcoms you folks have named I quite like.

Quote: Mike88 @ February 14, 2008, 7:52 PM

Lee Evans...So What Now?

That was a great show!

Interestingly, Shane was so bad that although a second series was made, it has never been broadcast. (I've never seen either, so can't comment.)

Meet the Magoons

Quote: Aaron @ February 14, 2008, 9:49 PM

That was a great show!

I agree, I loved it.

That was a great show!

Interestingly, Shane was so bad that although a second series was made, it has never been broadcast. (I've never seen either, so can't comment.)

It was good - a bit like his stand up linked around a story.

Trouble is Lee Mack has now cornered that market.

I haven't seen it for a while, but I enjoyed 'Oh Doctor Beeching'

That was a great show!

Hang your head in shame Aaron. :)

If Lee Evans had admitted that it was a Norman Wisdom rip off then I might not have minded it so much but as it was, I despised it.

'Orrible was another duffer.

the one with jasper carrott where he marries the asian lady and they have some kids, one of whom is in a wheelchair. tickbox comedy.
was it called All About Me?

Quote: Nick @ February 15, 2008, 10:12 AM

Hang your head in shame Aaron. :)

If Lee Evans had admitted that it was a Norman Wisdom rip off then I might not have minded it so much but as it was, I despised it.

But if you go by that analysis, then why not just say that his whole act and persona is a Norman Wisdom ripoff? Whether the show was or not, it wasn't any different to what he does on stage, or indeed in Mousehunt.

Quote: johnny roulette @ February 15, 2008, 10:13 AM

the one with jasper carrott where he marries the asian lady and they have some kids, one of whom is in a wheelchair. tickbox comedy.
was it called All About Me?

Yep. Link.

All about me was so crap it was unbelievable and profoundly unfunny.
Also there's something patronizing and deeply offensive, in the way they gave the kid with a wheel chair a voice over. Essentially turning him into just another sitcom character, 'cos people in wheel chairs who don't talk are really boring, right?

It sucks that the only truly good representation of a disabled character, is Timmy, and that other guy in SOuth Park.

Does no one else remember A Small Problem?

A surprisingly clever and ironic sitcom about the Nazi style persecution of dwarves in this country?

I think the idea of All About Me was to have a family sitcom that was 100% Politically Correct- Mixed race marriage, disabled children etc. and seeing how these people live. Good intentions the writers had no doubt, but the writers failed to make it funny.

I have not seen most of what you have mentioned here - probably because I make a point of avoiding bad sitcoms :)

but currently Hi-de-Hi holds the title for me. I just cannot get past the first few episodes.
Dr. Beeching was below average as well, It Ain't Half Hot Mum did a bit better in my book.

Quote: Jack Massey @ February 15, 2008, 6:01 PM

I think the idea of All About Me was to have a family sitcom that was 100% Politically Correct- Mixed race marriage, disabled children etc. and seeing how these people live. Good intentions the writers had no doubt, but the writers failed to make it funny.

And of course the hippie vegan next-door neighbours.

Ben Elton’s Blessed is a Sitcom that make my angry, How the mighty has fallen.