- James Robertson Justice, Leslie Phillips, Stanley Baxter, Eric Sykes, Richard Wattis, Colin Gordon, John Le Mesurier, Norman Bird and more
- Jack Davies and Henry Blyth
- Ken Annakin and Clive Reed
- Julian Wintle and Leslie Parkyn
Esteemed scientist and engineer Sir Earnest Farse is being honoured on television programme Memory Album when he is prompted to recall a somewhat eventful few months during the Second World War...
Sent on a top secret, undercover reconnaissance mission over Germany at the direct request of the War Cabinet, the Professor - then the Director of Applied Aeronautical Science at a high-tech research base - finds himself shot down and held by the Nazis at a PoW camp.
In the guise of Royal Navy Lieutenant Farrow, his presence, demeanour - and fluent German - initially raise his fellow captives' suspicions, but when a coded order from Churchill himself arrives insisting that Farrow be helped to escape as a priority, it's all hands on deck to assist the crotchety genius's plans.
- UK certificate
- 94 minutes
- UK release
- Tuesday 25th April 1961
- Also known as
- A Coming-Out Party (US title)
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- Black and white
- Most recent repeats
- Monday 15th June 2020 at 1:15pm on TPTV
- Tuesday 17th March 2020 at 3:05pm on TPTV
- Sunday 8th December 2019 at 12:00pm on TPTV
- Independent Artists Studios