- Michael Bentine, Dora Bryan, Harry H. Corbett, Bernard Cribbins, Diana Dors, Ian Hendry, Stanley Holloway, Wilfrid Hyde-White and more
- Michael Bentine and Robert Hartford-Davis
- Robert Hartford-Davis
- Peter Newbrook
Modern advertising can take many forms, but for both mobility and sheer economy nothing can match the Sandwich Man. These walking billboards with human fillings are amongst the sights of most big cities and afford a unique angle from which to observe life.
Horace Quilby is one such sandwich man, who works on behalf of Finklebaum and O'Casey, West End gents' tailors, and is a resplendent sight in his top hat and tails as he walks the streets of London each day.
But today is no ordinary day for Horace, as he awaits the return of Esmerelda, his beloved favourite racing pigeon, who is taking part in the race of her life, home from Bordeaux.
Whilst awaiting news of Esmerelda's return from his next-door neighbour Mrs De Vere, Horace encounters vicars and theatrical types, models and car salesmen, Scout masters, road workmen, newspaper sellers, park-keepers, and all manner of other unique individuals in the world's most vibrant city. Perhaps he can help some of them along the way, too.
- UK certificate
- 91 minutes
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- Most recent repeats
- Tuesday 12th April 2022 at 11:50am on TPTV
- Monday 4th April 2022 at 6:00pm on TPTV
- Saturday 23rd February 2019 at 11:35pm on TPTV