- 24th September: The Ladykillers returning to cinema & Blu-ray
- Alec Guinness, Cecil Parker, Herbert Lom, Peter Sellers, Danny Green, Katie Johnson, Jack Warner, Philip Stainton and Frankie Howerd
- William Rose
- Alexander Mackendrick
- Michael Balcon
Mrs. Wilberforce is an eccentric old lady who lives in a house suffering from subsidence near King's Cross Station. She is offering rooms to let, an offer which is taken up by the sinister Professor Marcus.
Marcus claims that he wants to use the rooms so that he can practice with his string quintet, consisting of Major Courtney, Harry Robinson, 'One-Round' Lawson and Louis Harvey. In fact, they are armed robbers who use the the unwitting Mrs. Wilberforce to steal a large amount of money.
However, Mrs. Wilberforce discovers what is going on. After the robbers fail to convince her not to go to the police, they decide that the only way to get around the problem is to kill her, but does anyone have the guts?
- UK certificate
- 97 minutes
- Release date
- Thursday 8th December 1955
- Production company
- Black and white
- Music composed by Tristram Cary, performed by the Sinfonia of London, conducted by Dock Mathieson.
- Laugh track
- Last repeat
- Monday 4th May 2020 at 3:05pm on Film4