- Basil Radford, Naunton Wayne, Susan Shaw, Maurice Denham, Nigel Buchanan, Alan Wheatley, Jane Carr, Patrick Waddington and more
- Lyn Lockwood, Bernard McNabb and Gerard Bryant
- Alfred Roome and Roy Rich
- Betty E. Box and Peter Rogers
The war has ended and the Nazis have been defeated. But Europe remains in ruins, and for the British military still stationed on the continent overseeing clean-up operations, life is tougher. Tougher still when a notorious Nazi, Otto Fisch, escapes prison.
Army pals Major Bright and Captain Early fall prey to this master of disguise and fluent English-speaker when returning to England on leave. But they only get as far as Folkestone before a more senior officer recognises their new batman's real identity! It's not long before the pair are demobbed for allowing him to slip into the country freely: they are supposedly in intelligence, after all!
Back in London, Bright and Early set about finding new civilian occupations for themselves, and resolve on establishing their own private detective agency. Having found a famous actress's missing dog, it's not long before the disastrous duo are unwittingly on the trail of Fisch once more - and now he's got a stolen diamond to conceal.
- UK certificate
- 74 minutes
- Black and white
- Music composed by Arthur Wilkinson and played by the London Symphony Orchestra.
- Most recent repeats
- Thursday 22nd March 2018 at 3:30pm on London Live
- Saturday 15th April 2017 at 10:00am on London Live
- Sunday 5th February 2017 at 1:00pm on London Live
- Gainsborough Studios