- Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Jim Broadbent, Paddy Considine, Timothy Dalton, Bill Nighy, Billie Whitelaw, Edward Woodward and others
- Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright
- Edgar Wright
- Nira Park, Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner
Police Constable Nicholas Angel is so good at his job, that he makes everyone else look bad. So it is that he finds himself being transferred to the sleepy West Country village of Sandford. In this city however, instead of action, it's neighbourhood watch meetings and village fetes he polices.
With Angel struggling to adapt to village life, he finds himself partnered with Danny Butterman, a young constable who loves guns. Just as all seems lost, a series of grisly accidents spur Angel into action, and he realises that Sandford may not be the perfect village it is made out to be.
- Big Cops. Small Town. Moderate Violence.
- Part of
- UK certificate
- 121 minutes
- Release date
- Wednesday 14th February 2007
- Friday 16th February 2007, Leicester Square
- Box office
- Went straight to number 1 in the UK and Ireland. Took £5.9m in its opening weekend.
- Production company
- The film's score is by David Arnold and Robert Rodriguez also contributed.
Other music from the film is a mixture of 1960s and 1970s rock and UK indie music.
- Laugh track
- Last repeat
- Tuesday 20th October 2020 at 10:05pm on ITV4