- Sid James, Kenneth Williams, Kenneth Connor, Liz Fraser, Dilys Laye, Esma Cannon, Lance Percival, Jimmy Thompson and more
- Norman Hudis and Eric Barker
- Gerald Thomas and Jack Causey
- Peter Rogers
After a long career working up the ladder, cruise ship captain Wellington Crowther has built a solid, trustworthy crew around him - and if this trip goes well, upon return to home port he expects to be awarded captaincy of the company's brand new, modern, luxury liner.
Sadly for Crowther, he's welcomed not by his usual staff but a series of key replacements in senior roles: his personal steward, the ship's doctor, head cook, barman, and first officer, to name a few. And they're not just strangers to his routine, but have only limited experience - and most, seemingly, are of similarly limited intellect!
As the cruise progresses, Crowther's new staff prove as tricky as he'd feared. Coupled with troublesome passengers, love interests and a distinct lack of his favourite tipple, this looks set to be a trip to forget.
- Part of
- UK certificate
- 89 minutes
- UK release
- Friday 27th April 1962
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- Most recent repeats
- Sunday 4th April 2021 at 9:10am on ITV3
- Friday 2nd April 2021 at 4:30pm on ITV3
- Saturday 26th December 2020 at 10:50am on ITV3
- Pinewood Studios