With a phenomenal cast at his disposal - everyone from Alan Bates (Georgy Girl) and Joan Plowright (Time Without Pity) to Robin Askwith (Confessions Of A Window Cleaner) and Mark Hamill (Star Wars) to Malcolm McDowell (A Clockwork Orange) reprising the role of Travis - Anderson trains his sights on royalty, trade unions, the media, and scientific research in typically uncompromising fashion.
This is the world Blu-ray premiere release of the film, newly remastered in high definition and presented with its original mono audio soundtrack.
First released: Monday 29th June 2020
- The BEHP Interview with Lindsay Anderson (1991): Archival audio recording, made as part of the British Entertainment History Project, featuring the celebrated director in conversation with Alan Lawson and Norman Swallow
- Healthy Reputation (2020): Actor Robin Askwith recalls working with Anderson on If.... and Britannia Hospital
- Biles Apart (2020): Actor Brian Pettifer discusses working with Anderson and reprising the role of Biles
- A Cut Above (2020): Editor Michael Ellis reflects on the film's production
- Image gallery: publicity and promotional material
- Original theatrical trailer
- Original teaser trailer
- Limited edition exclusive 40-page booklet with a new essay by Peter Cowie, an archival interview with Anderson, extracts from the diaries of Anderson and screenwriter David Sherwin, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits
If ordering from a UK store, please note that you are in Region 1 (DVD)/Region A (Blu-ray), whilst the UK is in Region 2/B, respectively. This means that many - but by no means all - may fail to play. Look for products marked "Region free", "All regions", "Region 0" or "Multi-region". Blu-rays may also be marked "Region A/B/C", or variations thereof. You may also check whether your DVD/Blu-ray player supports multi-region playback (also referred to as "region free"), or whether it can be set to do so. There should, of course, be no problems with books, CDs, or other physical items.
More advice & help on importing