Status report Page 5,876

Quote: billwill @ 22nd November 2015, 2:04 PM GMT

It's a new Government law, did you not know that? They are not alowwed to give you one for free.

I got a free bag at Morrisons for my meat today - take that vegetarians!

Quote: A Horseradish @ 22nd November 2015, 2:27 AM GMT

Very rarely get into a taxi but have now had the same charade three times in three years. Driver, nice guy, speaks with an accent and I ask him in a friendly way his country of origin. Every time....."guess". Oh, OK, Russia? No. Try again. Erm, Poland? No. Try again. And so it goes on until he says "I'm Kurdish". I say "oh, that's nice and then we get into Erdogan and all sorts as I balance it with "so what are your hobbies?". Just one point here. Don't do it. Leap into the next one and go "hey, mate, Kurdish, great" with a very big smile. It will save you twenty five minutes of sending your brain around the globe in the new version of 20 Questions.

You TALK to your taxi driver? Well that's your own fault then.

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd November 2015, 9:05 PM GMT

You TALK to your taxi driver? Well that's your own fault then.

It's the only way I can cope with the feeling it is me providing them with a service.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 22nd November 2015, 10:38 PM GMT

It's the only way I can cope with the feeling it is me providing them with a service.

You're doing them a favour you mean - and paying for it!

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd November 2015, 9:05 PM GMT

You TALK to your taxi driver?

Doesn't everybody? But here they don't ask you questions (well, not much), they TELL you how the world should be. Many a lecture is given.

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd November 2015, 11:01 PM GMT

You're doing them a favour you mean - and paying for it!

Is that the way it works?

I ask what the price is, normally astronomical, and say please can I pay you more.

Haven't been to sleep yet. :S

Chip's got a couple of days off work. He's going to sort a cupboard later.

I'm going to spend the evening trying to figure out how to attach a freeview box to a TV with an assortment of found wires, some of which may or may not belong to each item.

Quote: zooo @ 23rd November 2015, 10:41 AM GMT

I'm going to spend the evening trying to figure out how to attach a freeview box to a TV with an assortment of found wires, some of which may or may not belong to each item.

This might help: The Art of Scart by me.

http://www.datahighways.net/support/topic.asp?topic_id=166&forum_id=21

Ooh that actually is going to be helpful. Hurrah for diagrams!
Thanks. :)

It is done. A kitchen ain't a kitchen until it has a telly in it.

Quote: zooo @ 23rd November 2015, 11:39 AM GMT

It is done. A kitchen ain't a kitchen until it has a telly in it.

Ching! That will be two shillings and sixpence for advice.

{It's somewhat old advice}

Cool

:D

I'll send it by pigeon.

Has a day off tomorrow. Should really be going into work But got enough housework to do.

Quote: zooo @ 23rd November 2015, 10:41 AM GMT

Modern woman over here!