Status report Page 5,878

With his wallet?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th November 2015, 8:05 PM GMT

With his wallet?

To be honest, yes. :)

Thirty years ago today, I raised my right hand and became a member of the United States Army. It was the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, so of course the recruiter had lied to me about whether I'd have to spend Thanksgiving away from my family. I'm spending it away from my family in 2015, but I'll be surround by good friends who are the next-best thing. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Those of you who are unlucky enough to be my friends on Facebook will be confronted with 30-year-old photos of my ugly mug. Sorry.

I'm rubbish at remembering to put the bins out for collection :(

It's 10.11pm. It is 25c but feels like temperature is 28c. It's to bloody hot for night time. It will be the same on and off for about the next three months. Mostly on. I'm sick of it already

Yuck. My heartfelt sympathies!

I have just started making the Christmas cake. I am quite excited.

Quote: zooo @ 28th November 2015, 12:25 PM GMT

Yuck. My heartfelt sympathies!

I have just started making the Christmas cake. I am quite excited.

I saw a sign last night that said it was only four Fridays to Christmas. I guess it had been there all week. I'm quite sure we just had Christmas. According to the weather website it is still about 25c, but the feels like temp has gone up to 29c.

Quote: reds @ 28th November 2015, 12:19 PM GMT

It's 10.11pm. It is 25c but feels like temperature is 28c.

That's not really all that hot. You have air conditioning, right?

Quote: DaButt @ 28th November 2015, 3:53 PM GMT

That's not really all that hot. You have air conditioning, right?

Unfortunately not. It was really humid last night and there was no breeze. It's late morning here now and about 30c- but it's not that humid and there is a really nice breeze so even though it's technically hotter than last night it feels cooler.

Watching Frasier on Netflix, with Sky Sports News paused in case I fancy watching some boxing news & looking at the Nintendo for a cheeky late night mario game
Multi Tasking 21st Century style

Quote: reds @ 29th November 2015, 12:53 AM GMT

It's late morning here now and about 30c-

I see dangling temperatures in front of us, knowing they are just outside of our reach.

I am so looking forward to the days getting lighter, and things getting warmer
I've moved into a new house and haven't had proper Sunshine time in the garden

Quote: reds @ 29th November 2015, 12:53 AM GMT

Unfortunately not.

That surprises me. I figured that Australia would have air conditioning everywhere. You have my sympathy, because sleeping in sticky, humid weather is no fun. (I only do it while camping.)

Can't help but hearing Peggy Ollerenshaw's voice when I'm reading TBN's posts now.

Quote: DaButt @ 26th November 2015, 4:32 PM GMT

Thirty years ago today, I raised my right hand and became a member of the United States Army. It was the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, so of course the recruiter had lied to me about whether I'd have to spend Thanksgiving away from my family. I'm spending it away from my family in 2015, but I'll be surround by good friends who are the next-best thing. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Those of you who are unlucky enough to be my friends on Facebook will be confronted with 30-year-old photos of my ugly mug. Sorry.

Good on you DaButt. I have the utmost admiration for anyone who is prepared to fight for their country. God (or whoever) bless them all.