Status report Page 5,821

Longest day.........days will starting drawing in now, soon be winter. :(

Hurray!

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 20th June 2015, 8:38 AM BST

I heard they were trying to create a T Rex tribute band by extracting the DNA of...and you know the rest.

The MC said that they wouldn't perform Bolan's last hit. :O

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th June 2015, 10:16 AM BST

Bought a laptop yesterday so that we can speak and see my daughter via Skype with her new and our first grandchild, and right now we are online to her.

So, so pleased and worth every penny. :D

Why didn't you use your existing computer?

Quote: billwill @ 21st June 2015, 11:34 AM BST

Why didn't you use your existing computer?

'Cos my wife, who was my main concern is disabled and pretty much confined to the ground floor, whereas this tower PC I am on is upstairs in the spare bedroom. :)

Quote: George Kaplan @ 20th June 2015, 2:04 PM BST

Have you been to any other Hyde Park gigs? Curious to hear about your general experience today as well as reports back on The Horrors, Metronomy, and the beat combo.

No, I'd never been to Hyde Park before. It was all nicely put together with decent toilets and plenty of bars, so queues weren't a nightmare.

I don't like The Horrors, so didn't seek them out. I didn't ever hear them to be honest.

Metronomy were good, but I'm not sure I'd ever go to see them as a headliner. Although I've got a couple of their albums I think I'd stick to listening to them at home.

Blur were excellent and it was a great set. Shame they didn't play Country House, but they did pull out Trouble in the Message Centre which has been a bit of a rarity up until recently.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st June 2015, 10:44 AM BST

The MC said that they wouldn't perform Bolan's last hit. :O

I guess that nobody got this.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st June 2015, 6:49 PM BST

The soul of my suit?

We got it Chappers.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st June 2015, 6:49 PM BST

The tree, yes. Totes hilair as the kids say.

Wish I could be down with the kids and their street talk. :(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st June 2015, 9:06 PM BST

Wish I could be down with the kids and their street talk. :(

Don't feel bad, mate, losing touch is part of growing old apparently. I'll let you know when I get there.

Won't be long.

:(

Quote: Ben @ 21st June 2015, 12:26 PM BST

No, I'd never been to Hyde Park before. It was all nicely put together with decent toilets and plenty of bars, so queues weren't a nightmare.

I don't like The Horrors, so didn't seek them out. I didn't ever hear them to be honest.

Metronomy were good, but I'm not sure I'd ever go to see them as a headliner. Although I've got a couple of their albums I think I'd stick to listening to them at home.

Blur were excellent and it was a great set. Shame they didn't play Country House, but they did pull out Trouble in the Message Centre which has been a bit of a rarity up until recently.

Thanks for the info. Glad you had a good time.

With The Horrors, are you not a fan of that genre generally (post-punk, Goth, shoegaze), or is it just them? Saw them almost exactly a year ago at the Isle of Wight, and have their last two albums.

Just ate too much toast, now got a case of the regrets.

Will Cam is still in bed - day off.