Status report Page 5,684

Quote: sootyj @ 13th August 2014, 12:12 AM BST

The restaurant wasn't a great success wasn't it

actually the one thing I thinks yucky in that photo is the cold rice.

Sick Sick Sick

Had a review at work earlier this week....Got asked Where I want to be in five years.....somehow 'not here' didn't seem appropriate. I settled for happy.
Always hate that question, I don't know what I want in one year, let alone five.

Had a review at work earlier this week....Got asked Where I want to be in five years.....somehow 'not here' didn't seem appropriate. I settled for happy.
Always hate that question, I don't know what I want in one year, let alone five.

Just say in the earth and start crying

Quote: reds @ 13th August 2014, 12:30 PM BST

I've been an interviewer a couple of times this year and I've refused to ask this question along with "what are your weaknesses?". People just look online for stock answers to these sorts of questions and you learn nothing about the person apart from their ability to memorise a load of bollocks.

Ben just had to take some double glazing out, so that it could be cleaned. It was easier said than done.

Ben is slurping down a cup of Earl Grey before getting on with some writing.

Went to the Asda earlier and when I came out I noticed a man with a cucumber he'd bought.

He peeled off the plastic wrapping and started to eat it like a baguette.

Sick

Quote: Oldrocker @ 16th August 2014, 1:04 AM BST

Went to the Asda earlier and when I came out I noticed a man with a cucumber he'd bought.

He peeled off the plastic wrapping and started to eat it like a baguette.

Sick

It's indicative of the decline in humanity over the last decade and points towards a nihilistic landscape where we all slowly decompose into a grey sludge of listlessness.

Or maybe he was just really, really hungry.

The man should be admired for his healthy choices.

A cucumber sounds like a refreshing snack.

Ain't that just the truth? Yee haaa !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOgd9hitEAE

Ben is looking forward to some type of alcohol later on.

Picked raspberries and runner beans at the farm.
Watched plastic ducks cascading on a specially made water chute.
Bought pork and leek sausages as they didn't have the spring onion and ginger.
Discussed a 14 year old pomeranian dog with a heavily tattooed cockney woman.

Aw, I like those dogs.

Quote: zooo @ 16th August 2014, 7:50 PM BST

Aw, I like those dogs.

It was very sweet, though frail, and in its own "house" on top of a coffee table. I suppose the sort of thing it would be carried in to a vet.

We thought it was young rather than very old and decided to ask the woman about it. Initially she looked as miserable as sin but she turned out to be really pleasant.

Half an hour later, we knew about its entire medical history and all the pubs where she had been a landlady plus every key detail on her marriages, the partners of her children and the characters of her grandchildren.