Who do you fancy? Page 1,098

RCP - look up a dictionary. These two words have as much in common as 'lettuce' and 'leg'.

Quote: zooo @ 8th February 2014, 12:10 AM GMT

You utter twet.

:D

Such bad language, I thought you were better than that. ;)

Quote: keewik @ 8th February 2014, 12:17 AM GMT

RCP - look up a dictionary. These two words have as much in common as 'lettuce' and 'leg'.

Difference being, if I said - 'She is shorter then me' - you would know exactly what I was talking about. But if I said, 'I like Iceberg leg on my chicken burger', you would think I was mental(er).

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 8th February 2014, 12:20 AM GMT

:D

Such bad language, I thought you were better than that. ;)

Difference being, if I said - 'She is shorter then me' - you would know exactly what I was talking about. But if I said, 'I like Iceberg leg on my chicken burger', you would think I was mental(er).

No! To put it plainly - you are talking shite.

Quote: keewik @ 8th February 2014, 12:37 AM GMT

No! To put it plainly - you are talking shite.

:O

Someone using a slang bastardisation of the word shit is lecturing me on the correct use of the English language. Will wonders never cease? ;)

I've found Clare Balding quite attractive recently. Does that make me gay?

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 8th February 2014, 1:34 PM GMT

Only if she is dressed up in the full Barney Rubble outfit to make the look complete. Or Kenneth Branagh. Either / or.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 7th February 2014, 5:31 PM GMT

Here's why I'll be watching the Sochi Games with a big fat Coke in my hand (I said Coke!) -

They're called the Dufour-Lapointe sisters. I'd definitely do three. Oh and they're skiierists from Canadia.

They won medals today! Justine and Chloe.

Why do I keep thinking of the lonely goatherd song from 'Sound of Music'?

It makes me wonder if you're quite right in the head.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 8th February 2014, 8:46 PM GMT

They won medals today! Justine and Chloe.

Ouch for the one that didn't win a medal yet.

She has lost some weight recently, so she does look different. Maybe she's got foxier.

Quote: zooo @ 8th February 2014, 9:07 PM GMT

Maybe she's got foxier.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Rolling eyes

Anyone would think she'd done something horrific, like murder some puppies, sexually abuse some kids, gas some Jews.

Rather than... present sports shows on telly? Be alive?

Quote: zooo @ 8th February 2014, 9:16 PM GMT

Rolling eyes

Anyone would think she'd done something horrific, like murder some puppies, sexually abuse some kids, gas some Jews.

Rather than... present sports shows on telly? Be alive?

Yeah.

I suppose it's not her fault that the media has become so obsessed with her it's scarcely possible to turn on the tele or read a newspaper without seeing her.

If people keep shoving contracts worth millions in front of you, you're going to sign them.

Hah, I do understand being annoyed that everyone seems to love someone you don't, but as you say it's not her fault.

I don't mind her. Plus she's slightly less monotone and boring than most sports 'pundits'.

Do we use the word pundit for anyone other than sports types...?

Quote: zooo @ 8th February 2014, 9:38 PM GMT

Hah, I do understand being annoyed that everyone seems to love someone you don't, but as you say it's not her fault.

I don't mind her. Plus she's slightly less monotone and boring than most sports 'pundits'.

Do we use the word pundit for anyone other than sports types...?

Steve Sunshine has often punned it in his posts, so maybe he qualifies?