Doctor Who... Page 12

I might enjoy Dr Who better if Tennant didn't put on that awful Cockney accent.

I mean - why expect a Scot to do it?

His accent's almost flawless, you silly sausage.

I don't know why they didn't just let the Doctor be Scottish though.

Well they had a Northern Doctor,

every planet has a north and all that.

A Scottish Doctor would've been good! Though I spose the accent's a bit of a persona for Tennant.

Quote: zooo @ May 11 2008, 6:28 PM BST

His accent's almost flawless, you silly sausage.

I think Dick Van Dyke's cockney accent was much better.

Allo Mary! Sweep ya chimney Guvnor!!

Quote: sootyj @ May 11 2008, 6:12 PM BST

Are you being served, may have been one of the worst things ever produced on TV.

SLack, nasty, and just unpleasant. Compared to decent shows of the same era, Steptoe, Love thy Neighbour, or The Likely Lads. Why the affection for such a flea bitten old before it was young show?

. . .

Quote: sootyj @ May 11 2008, 6:12 PM BST

Are you being served, may have been one of the worst things ever produced on TV.

SLack, nasty, and just unpleasant. Compared to decent shows of the same era, Steptoe, Love thy Neighbour, or The Likely Lads. Why the affection for such a flea bitten old before it was young show?

I think you'll find it was a later era than Steptoe or the Likely Lads.

Love thy Neighbour was rubbish though. It was on ITV.

ITV isn't inextricably linked with rubbish. Not even now. They may have had more of a shit than hit ratio, but they've had a reasonable share of quality programmes too.

It's a bit hard to argue because of the network nature of ITV though.

I thought this was one of the weakest episodes of the new Who so far. Not a lot made sense and it seemed thrown together on a whim after they thought of the title first. The ending was particularly annoying. We've already been set up for crap merchandise this series with those adipose things, now we've got a CBeebies spin off in the pipeline by the looks of it as well.

I'm a fan of Martha/Freema, but she was pretty ropey in this. Tate has been slightly less annoying in the last three episodes but my guess is this because she has had less screen time.

And on the camp v non-camp debate - to me it's camp to the nth degree. Even the idea of casting Catherine Tate is high camp.

And Kylie, don't forget.

Can't they find an excuse to bring back Tom Baker?

A Tom Baker, Brian Blessed special. Where they have to defeat the Ice Warriors, and Rhutans by shouting, really, really loudly. Then getting drunk and telling obscene anecdobtes.

Dr Who Vs Joe Razz

Quote: sootyj @ May 11 2008, 11:32 PM BST

Can't they find an excuse to bring back Tom Baker?

A Tom Baker, Brian Blessed special. Where they have to defeat the Ice Warriors, and Rhutans by shouting, really, really loudly. Then getting drunk and telling obscene anecdobtes.

That would be unfair on the Rhutans!

Quote: Charly @ May 12 2008, 5:54 PM BST

Rhutans!

RUTANS. Sorry, but two people have got this wrong in a row now. I think I need a life . . .