RIP Victoria Wood Page 2

Very sad news, a very funny and talented woman, RIP.

This year has been the absolute pits, one great after the other gone.

Will someone please invent a reset button for this year, we need a serious do-over

If anyone is interested...........BBC 2 tomorrow night 7.30 prog. dedicated to her.

Generally I don't find myself in a position where I'm emotionally upset over a celebrities death. But this... this bowled me over. I cannot express how much her work has meant to me, dinnerladies being my favourite sitcom. I've seen everything she ever produced and to say that this is a sad day would be an understatement indeed.

Just watching Victoria Wood Live, the bit about spending Christmas with another family is just brilliant.

Awfully sad news. Are women funny though?

(Hey ho, it's a comedy forum.)

Very sad news. I'm not a great fan of her comedy but loved Housewife, 49 and The Day We Sang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCTAdwyD4IY

RIP Victoria

Really sad, shocking news. I was lucky enough to meet her, just under 2 years ago, albeit briefly - she was as lovely as you would hope. Rest in peace.

Watching Victoria Wood was one of my earliest comedy memories. My mother was a fan and she began watching 'As Seen On TV', the opening titles of which, made it seem like a child's show, not that it was, it was anything but. I soon became hooked and just loved it.

RIP Victoria :(

She could turn her pen to some wonderful one offs and I am thinking of Pat and Margaret, the poignant and funny tale of two sisters living two totally different lives and what happens when they meet after a long separation.

The two things that stick in my mind were Thora Hird dusting her front gardem gate with a feather duster :D and when the subject of "special needs" in schools came up she said (not verbatim) "Special Needs?! In my day they sat at the back of the class with some raffia"..........just tickled me because I do remember that exactly.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th April 2016, 8:37 PM BST

If anyone is interested...........BBC 2 tomorrow night 7.30 prog. dedicated to her.

Well, typical BBC, it started half hour later than announced but well worth a watch even if it was a repeat.

Very sad news. :(

Two Soups - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6aYLOf8CUQ

RIP Victoria Wood.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th April 2016, 8:37 PM BST

it was 7.30 to 9.00.

Victoria Wood, dead. Anne Widdecombe, alive.

Yes, a great loss, especially for female comedy for which she could easily be sainted. Did it the hard way too, being lumpy and ordinary looking, rejected by drama school she kept at it and went down the sniffed at talent show route. Another howler by our universities! Her writing was her greatest gift imo.