What are you reading right now? Page 244

Psmith Journalist.
It's witty as you would expect from PGW but has a serious story about slum landlords in New York.

Discovered the books of James Herriot after watching The Yorkshire Vet TV series. I've finished The Lord God Made Them All and now reading All Things Bright And Beautiful and Vets Might Fly. Wonderfully written and when I've collected and read all the books I'm going to watch the original All Creatures Great And Small.

I don't give a f**k about Prince Harry's f**king book. I bet it is total and utter f**king shit.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 12th January 2023, 8:50 AM

I don't give a f**k about Prince Harry's f**king book. I bet it is total and utter f**king shit.

Reminds me of the literal translation another book by a german guy - Mein Kampf

I don't know why people say the Marx Brothers are so funny. I read Das Kapital three times, f**k all... Must be the German sense of humour. They're famous for that.

The Satsuma Complex by Bob Mortimer. Brilliant. A story based on his life but with twists and turns that you expect from his meandering mind. Loads of his trademark strange pieces of logic.

It's in my to read list

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th February 2023, 11:42 PM

It's in my to read list

Just do it. I've stopped reading Jane Eyre to read it.

I'm in the middle of Frank Skinner at the moment and then I've got Jimmy Carr's one to read, then Joan Sims, then Jeremy Clarkson and finally (for now!! - I have another birthday next week) the script writer Larry Stephens.

They say, 'Write about what you know.' I'm writing a book called 'Being an arrogant, self-obsessed, alcoholic wanker who still thinks The Spice Girls are cool, has never achieved f**k all in life except a beergut and likes wasting people's time with stupid, unfunny posts.'

My latest copy of Screen International and the complete poetry of Borges, which I'm struggling with as it's in Spanish. Does that make me sound intellectual enough?

They're banning Roald Dahl characters. Twits.

Re-reading Donnie Brasco

Absolutely amazing book

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 24th December 2022, 10:00 AM

It's a good book, although his sexual exploits are a bit - urgghhh!

Just finished it, at last!! And agree with you - too much about his sex life.

Just picked up the latest copy of Viz. Officially not as funny as it used to be. I wondered if with the current economic crisis I could just pay for the funny bits. But as I say I picked it up.... The self scanner as Asda couldn't read the bar code even though I tried scanning it three times.