No Place Like Home Page 3

Between this and Fresh Fields, you may well have been watching domestic comedy twice a week - and that did have Ann Beach as the annoying next-door neighbour!

Saw a bit of an episode today.

I'm not sure there is a lot of charm in it.

I have a vague recollection from watching this first time round that one of the cast died and the role recast . . . am I imagining things? . . . I think Martin Clunes was recast, but don't think he died . . .

Marcia Warren certainly didn't either!

I am really enjoying this, think probably because it has not been shown if at all for many years. Not ground breaking or anything different just decent gentle humour

Stephen Watson who played the elder son Paul did die just after season 4 had been filmed. I am currently only on season 3 but would assume that they will show the episodes from season 4

Martin Clunes played Nigel for the first 4 series, not sure if his role was recast

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 21st February 2015, 6:50 PM

I have a vague recollection from watching this first time round that one of the cast died and the role recast . . . am I imagining things? . . . I think Martin Clunes was recast, but don't think he died . . .

Quote: smc4761 @ 23rd February 2015, 7:22 PM

Stephen Watson who played the elder son Paul did die just after season 4 had been filmed. I am currently only on season 3 but would assume that they will show the episodes from season 4

Martin Clunes played Nigel for the first 4 series, not sure if his role was recast

This is currently being repeated on Forces TV.

It seems that Stephen Watson, who played older son, Paul Crabtree, was tragically killed in a car crash while on his honeymoon in Spain in 1986, just before the fourth series was screened although most of the episodes had been recorded. He wasn't recast for series 5.

Martin Clunes played youngest son, Nigel, in the first three series before being replaced by Andrew Charleson (who later appeared as the dentist in Only Fools & Horses' Fatal Extraction) for series 4 & 5.