No Place Like Home

I have never watched this series. I see they are going to reshow it on Drama from next Monday. :)

Oh brilliant, thanks for the heads up.

I used to love this as a kid. I managed to find it online (never been released on DVD as far as I'm aware) and it was cut to bits so much that I couldn't watch it.

One problem with this show was that the actors semped to leave quite regularly between series. It wasn't the same when Martin Clunes left. Oh, and the woman next door was annoying.

T

Quote: TonyT @ 5th January 2015, 7:59 PM GMT

I used to love this as a kid. I managed to find it online (never been released on DVD as far as I'm aware) and it was cut to bits so much that I couldn't watch it.

If you click through to our guide, you'll see that Series 1 and 2 were released, but not 3-5.

Ta, I missed that.

Was that Martin Clunes' breakthrough - apart from Dr Who?

Just seen the trailer on Drama.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th January 2015, 10:31 PM GMT

Was that Martin Clunes' breakthrough - apart from Dr Who?

I've a feeling it may have been his first ever TV role.

IMO this is underrated, because the cast is great, they play the characters brilliantly. Also the plot is great. The title is catchy and it makes me smile everytime I watch it. A true, underrated sitcom.

Quote: Gazzo @ 5th January 2015, 10:47 PM GMT

IMO this is underrated, because the cast is great, they play the characters brilliantly. Also the plot is great. The title is catchy and it makes me smile everytime I watch it. A true, underrated sitcom.

The plot is great? I just remember it as a typical "family" sitcom.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th January 2015, 10:50 PM GMT

The plot is great? I just remember it as a typical "family" sitcom.

Yes it is, I think it is. On the other hand you may not. Difference of opinions. I like it even though it's a family sitcom.

I just mean I don't remember a "plot" as such.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th January 2015, 10:55 PM GMT

I just mean I don't remember a "plot" as such.

I got what you mean. I am good at remembering plots of sitcoms. Your more like what type of sitcom it is ie family sitcom.

I notice that it's broadcast in a half hour time slot. Has anyone seen it, and if so, has much been cut?

The answer to this question will probably lead me on to a rant about 30 minute time slots for a 27/28 minute programmes with five minutes of adverts to squeeze in. One for another day I think.

I don't know what makes you think that. It's a 40 minute broadcast.

Oh right, I must have misread the EPG. Thanks for confirmation though, and I'll scrap my previous rant :)

And being BBC there would have been no adverts originally.

Did anyone watch it? Was it any good? I don't think I was too enamoured with it first time round.