Cilla Page 2

Quote: Marc P @ 16th September 2014, 11:28 AM BST

I think you'll find you patronised me first with your incredulous reaction to me calling Blind Date comedy based, old bean. Nothing personal just part of the debate about whether Cilla should be discussed on a comedy forum. My contention is that her being a comedy 'star' should be taken into consideration, unless you are right and I am completely missing some point somewhere? Ps you should never take anything too personal on the internet and banter is always to some degree taking the piss. :)

Bear in mind this forum has threads on Doctor Who, Football, The News and who Groper fancies too.

I think someone even started a thread on DIY :)

Only 'cos I was asked to.

40 All - new balls please..........

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th September 2014, 11:32 AM BST

If it helps, I laughed a few times last night during the show. There were some genuinely funny moments.
The man saying 'pucking' because of 'ladies present'. Her manager doing a deal and leaving her worse off - but paying the difference himself. Comical stuff.

So maybe it's a comedy-drama-docu-true-story type thing.

Emma from The Royle Family has come a long way - make no wonder she f**ked Ant' off.

So it is a comedy drama after all and George was right to post. Fair enough. :)

I'm having the Robinsons barley water, hang fire on that service :)

Well, I can't stand here forever, me arm is aching.

Cilla has her hands on your new balls as ordered.

Hope I can rise to the situation.....oh, yes here it comes.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th September 2014, 3:44 PM BST

Well, I can't stand here forever, me arm is aching.

What? From watching Cilla?

Quote: Marc P @ 15th September 2014, 10:05 PM BST

Cilla had at least two comedy shows and is most famous as a popular entertainer with strongly based, in the main, comedy shows. Blind Date for example.

All cringing programmes though - aptly on ITV.

Well the comedy shows were before my time and Blind Date was not my cup of tea tis true. But I guess millions chuckled along with her Lorra laffs for however many seasons.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th September 2014, 9:51 PM BST

What? From watching Cilla?

That would be from the wrist. >_<

No! Waiting for MarcP to finish his barley water, to receive my service. :P

Quote: Chappers @ 16th September 2014, 9:51 PM BST

All cringing programmes though - aptly on ITV.

Exactly. Pleased

Anyhooo.... The programme could not have a laugh in it and still be qualified for the comedy section here, let alone general discussion. She's been involved in TV comedy at a prime time national level. Simples...

Quote: Marc P @ 17th September 2014, 9:04 AM BST

Anyhooo.... The programme could not have a laugh in it and still be qualified for the comedy section here, let alone general discussion. She's been involved in TV comedy at a prime time national level. Simples...

Let it go Marc........you know what the psychiatrist said about your obsessional behaviour. :(

It's a comedy drama, surely?

There's a dramatic storyline and a lorra lorra laffs.

But there's no effing laugh-track.

I rest my case.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 24th September 2014, 10:33 AM BST

It's a comedy drama, surely?

There's a dramatic storyline and a lorra lorra laffs.

But there's no effing laugh-track.

I rest my case.

And what exactly is your case? That you need a laugh track to tell you something's funny?

Quote: Chappers @ 24th September 2014, 11:39 AM BST

And what exactly is your case? That you need a laugh track to tell you something's funny?

No, I despise laugh tracks.

My case is that a TV drama that has a serious story line generously sprinkled with humour and devoid of a laugh track might reasonably be described as a 'comedy drama'.

Without a significant amount of humour, it's probably a drama.

With a laugh track, it's probably a sitcom.

Drama + lots of humour - laugh track = comedy drama (probably).

Quote: Rood Eye @ 24th September 2014, 1:31 PM BST

No, I despise laugh tracks.

My case is that a TV drama that has a serious story line generously sprinkled with humour and devoid of a laugh track might reasonably be described as a 'comedy drama'.

Without a significant amount of humour, it's probably a drama.

With a laugh track, it's probably a sitcom.

Drama + lots of humour - laugh track = comedy drama (probably).

I know loads of Comedy Dramas of around an hour or so per episode and NONE of them have a laughter track.

(Off-topic)

Is it too uncool to say I am enjoying it immensely?

The period, the music, the acting and story are all excellent.

There I've said it.