Cilla Page 3

Quote: Chappers @ 24th September 2014, 3:19 PM BST

I know loads of Comedy Dramas of around an hour or so per episode and NONE of them have a laughter track.

That's what I'd expect.

Comedy dramas (of which I believe 'Cilla' to be an example) do not usually have a laugh track.

If a comedy-infused drama DOES have a laugh track, it will usually be better described as a sitcom.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th September 2014, 4:25 PM BST

Is it too uncool to say I am enjoying it immensely?

The period, the music, the acting and story are all excellent.

There I've said it.

There will be those who say it's uncool to enjoy 'Cilla' but I too am loving it.

Sheridan Smith is always a joy to behold and John Henshaw (Cilla's dad) is always worth his not-inconsiderable weight in gold no matter what part he plays.

My only gripe is that Sheridan's nose (about which she - as Cilla - is always complaining) is a very normal little nose and should really have been beefed up if it was ever to play the part of Cilla's original God-given hooter with any degree of credibility.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 24th September 2014, 5:17 PM BST

My only gripe is that Sheridan's nose (about which she - as Cilla - is always complaining) is a very normal little nose and should really have been beefed up if it was ever to play the part of Cilla's original God-given hooter with any degree of credibility.

Perhaps "Our Cilla" didn't want it highlighted. ;)

I've just heard from Madame Tussaud's that, due to renewed interest in Cilla generated by this series, they're going to add an 'early' version of Cilla to their world-famous collection of waxworks.

When asked if obtaining enough wax for the nose would be a problem, a spokesman replied "Ordinarily it might have been, but luckily we've just melted down Cyril Smith."

Don't remember her nose being that large...................

But...............

..........I do remember not being impressed with her pins. Dunno what all the fuss was about her having such an attractive body. Unimpressed

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th September 2014, 8:05 PM BST

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/30888/

Surprise Surprose
It's Cilla big nose