Newsjack - Series 9 Page 3

Quote: golfer @ September 14 2013, 5:13 PM BST

According to their twitter feed: 'Our first deadline for sketches is THIS Monday at 12pm - get writing folks!'

ah yes so it does

Quote: golfer @ September 14 2013, 5:13 PM BST

According to their twitter feed: 'Our first deadline for sketches is THIS Monday at 12pm

12pm could mean midnight or midday.
Although we know it means midday.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ September 11 2013, 11:18 AM BST

Looks like I'm following you around Andy, but people don't tend to post NJ stuff in Critique until after submission, don't know if it's a copyright thing as such but it's how it's done...that's what we have the 'NJ rejects' thread for ;)

The issue is that because it is topical there are going to be lots of people doing probably quite similar takes on the same story; so if someone posts before the deadline and something remotely similar gets used there could be scope for suspicion, accusation, blunderbusses at dawn etc

So what are the big stories for monday?

Apparently Medved PM of Russia has prove aliens exist.

Like I've said elsewhere, if someone nicks my idea I'm not going to get huffy about it. Not like I'm doing this for a living, so it's not worth me getting worked up about.

I usually don't mind sticking stuff I'm working on in critique.

But NJ staffers do peruse these forums and a storythat's public property is way less likely to get picked up.

So I won't be putting my stuff on critique and I'm the biggest exhibitionist going.

Quote: AndyGilder @ September 14 2013, 8:43 PM BST

Like I've said elsewhere, if someone nicks my idea I'm not going to get huffy about it.

That's the point. They almost certainly wont have nicked your idea. But it could look like they have, which isn't going to help them.

Hi everyone,

I've never submitted to Newsjack, and I've just noticed that in their guidelines it doesn't mention anything about JackApps, only one liners and Corrections.

Do you have to include all three in the same one page document? I've been searching around the different links available, but can't find any answer anywhere.

Can anyone help?

Cheers!

Hi David,

Yes, you should put all three in the same one page document and use headings to specify which segment you think they should be in.

Good luck with your first submission :)

Quote: DubiousG @ September 15 2013, 4:52 PM BST

Hi David,

Yes, you should put all three in the same one page document and use headings to specify which segment you think they should be in.

Good luck with your first submission :)

Thanks! Much appreciated :)

Just sent 2, not very good but busy weekend so tried my best

Lacking a creative drive this weekend, so I've only got two as well, one of which is rather dubious and I might just scrap. I just can't seem to get into the right frame of mind to write properly this week, its bloody annoying.

does anyone know who the cast are for week 1?

Sent my 2 sketches in this morning, but didn't get a confirmation email. So if I don't get a credit, it's probably because they didn't receive my email and has nothing to do with the quality of my writing.

I sent my sketches off at around 9pm last night, and yet I still haven't received a confirmation email.

This is the first time this has happened to me with Newsjack.

Should I panic or just assume that they've been received anyway?