The Mimic Page 2

Quote: Loopey @ March 14 2013, 10:01 AM GMT

I believe Terry was one of the 4laughs gang in days gone by and am really pleased for him.

I thought I recognised his name. Wasn't he working with Yeilding Insanity before he passed away?

Quote: Pingl @ March 14 2013, 9:19 PM GMT

Its charm is that it's peculiarly British, not too sharp or polished and not trying for belly laughs. I like the fact his impressions aren't always brilliant ...

I was actually more disappointed with the choice of impressions rather than their execution. A generic Irishman and Darth Vader - both ancient.

And the lead, though perhaps endearing to some, is a feeble, charisma-free wet blanket. He's quite camp too.

Kill him!

Quote: zooo @ March 15 2013, 9:56 AM GMT

Kill him!

:D

I was bored with it by the time he got out of the traffic jam and arrived at work. I can't see it doing very well.

Quote: don rushmore @ March 15 2013, 1:27 AM GMT

I was actually more disappointed with the choice of impressions rather than their execution. A generic Irishman and Darth Vader - both ancient.

And the lead, though perhaps endearing to some, is a feeble, charisma-free wet blanket. He's quite camp too.

I can understand what you mean by his performance, but I liked that downbeat style. I thought it was an interesting juxtaposition with his enthusiastic best friend, which has distinct possibilities for both comedy and pathos. I guess only time will tell, but as I said this is the first comedy I've seen for a long time that I genuinely liked immediately.

I liked it, especially the slightly sci-fi, otherworldly feel to the office complex exteriors.

I wasn't going to watch this, not having had any interest in VIP (or indeed any impressions shows), and not being enticed by a Brand associate. But I did, and I'm glad, because it was great. Mystified by anyone who thought the pace was off, I loved the melancholy air, and the writing was subtly excellent: nothing says empty life like "I've done the whole of the keel", and I adored the fact that someone's existence can be boiled down to clunky words like Goretex and Buckaroo.

The name Celpharm, by the way, made me laugh more than most sit com jokes.

I admit the actor playing the son wasn't amazing, and the paternity plot is a bit hackneyed, but at least the had the nous to recognise this in the script.

I adore this show; I expect it to sink without trace. :|

I felt like I was watching myself at times. Apart from me being a dad to the 18-year-old.

Loved it, and yes, I do impressions to myself, or used to anyway.

But... where's Jessica Hyde?

Quote: don rushmore @ March 14 2013, 8:23 PM GMT

There are many great US sitcoms at the moment - we get this, Derek and Heading Out. :(

British sitcoms will never catch up with the yanks now. They've got it down.

Remembering of course that 95% of US sitcoms are utter crap. We just don't see most of them. However we do see all the UK ones, good and bad.

Quote: zooo @ March 18 2013, 3:49 PM GMT

Remembering of course that 95% of US sitcoms are utter crap. We just don't see most of them. However we do see all the UK ones, good and bad.

Yeah, but their current best v our current best is rather embarrassing.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ March 18 2013, 4:00 PM GMT

Yeah, but their current best v our current best is rather embarrassing.

Embarrassing, infuriating, frustrating, etc.

Quote: zooo @ March 18 2013, 3:49 PM GMT

Remembering of course that 95% of US sitcoms are utter crap.

I'd say that was a touch high!