The Mimic

Anyone watching? Looks promising so far, quite sweet and low key.

A bit different.

Loved this, gentle, sweet natured and different. This looks like a classic in the making to me

Very funny show. I enjoyed guessing the impressions although to be honest they were all pretty obvious. The Al Pacino bit was brilliant. Will definitely be tuning in again next week. :)

I only watched this because of the trailer where he guides the blind woman around the zoo with the voice of David Attenborough which I thought was brilliant.

The show itself kinda reminded me of 15 Storeys High, the oddness and pacing especially. It's not really hilarious but would watch more to see where it goes.

Loved the first one. Not only a story with some depth, but a truly interesting character and an intelligent way of contextualising impressions and making them mean something. And I did laugh. 'Celpharm'.

I really enjoyed the first one and would agree that the pacing was different to a lot of other sitcoms but, I thought that was a nice change. I especially enjoyed the bit where he pretended to be his boss. The bit where he pretended to be Ronnie Corbet stuck in a post box also reminded me of a time me and a friend did something similar with an electricity sub station.

The pretending to be stuck or hiding in a post box thing has been done a few times but I thought it was funny. Overall I'm unsure how I felt about it but will give it another go.

I believe Terry was one of the 4laughs gang in days gone by and am really pleased for him.

Enjoyed it. Bit of a slow burner maybe but the character's likeable and of course the impressions are very good. Passed half an hour very nicely, unlike some of the other shite that's recently been offered up. Naming no names obviously. Bravo Terry, you're onto a winner here.

I enjoyed this, and the lead character is very likeable.
I just hope the story picks up - it can't afford to 'drift' for another 5 episodes.

It's a different way of using an impersonator's talent.

It may strike a chord with those who drift through life in a meaningless tedious job, with no chance of ever getting paid for that odd talent or interest that keeps them sane.

Found some of the impressions a bit lame, his Corbett wasn't a patch on Rob Brydon's. And the son (played by Theo Walcott) was very 'stage school'.

There are many great US sitcoms at the moment - we get this, Derek and Heading Out. :(

I'd have preferred the impressions to be more integrated into the whole, rather than just presented as what were effectively a series of sketches. Yes it was warm and novel, but it needed a proper storyline, and a few more laughs.

I am not known for taking to shows quickly, but as I said I loved this. Its charm is that it's peculiarly British, not too sharp or polished and not trying for belly laughs. I like the fact his impressions aren't always brilliant, I see it as pleasant antidote to the over-heated, trying-too-hard comedies that have been produced lately. It's early days of course but I hold out real hope for this one.

Quote: Jason Simmons @ March 14 2013, 8:26 AM GMT

I really enjoyed the first one and would agree that the pacing was different to a lot of other sitcoms but, I thought that was a nice change. I especially enjoyed the bit where he pretended to be his boss. The bit where he pretended to be Ronnie Corbet stuck in a post box also reminded me of a time me and a friend did something similar with an electricity sub station.

An electricity sub-station?