What are you watching on TV? Page 1,949

Talking heads - a chip in the sugar

Rob Bryden's impersonation of Alan Bennett in "The Trip to Italy" was probably my favourite impression in the series.

Agnetha After Abba. I always preferred Frida but she was really cute when she was younger. NOT too young!

F**k off Barlowe!

He gets into everything.

Both the Abba girls had fantastic technical singing voices and they were both great actors they way they conveyed the emotion of their songs.

About to watch "Blurred Lines: The New Battle Of the Sexes". Kirsty Wark shows why feminism still needed:

"From online abuse hurled at women in the public eye, bomb threats sent to campaigners agitating for more female heroes on bank notes, the sexually explicit portrayal of women in pop videos, to rape jokes - is there a new culture in society today in which men seem to think they have the freedom, and the right, to speak about, write about and portray women in a derogatory or even abusive way?"

Hope you've seen it, Renny. :)

Quote: Jennie @ 11th May 2014, 10:51 PM BST

About to watch "Blurred Lines: The New Battle Of the Sexes". Kirsty Wark shows why feminism still needed:

"From online abuse hurled at women in the public eye, bomb threats sent to campaigners agitating for more female heroes on bank notes, the sexually explicit portrayal of women in pop videos, to rape jokes - is there a new culture in society today in which men seem to think they have the freedom, and the right, to speak about, write about and portray women in a derogatory or even abusive way?"

Hope you've seen it, Renny. :)

This whole thing is a bunch of arse simply because it's inaccurate.

Old comedy shows were full of rape jokes, women enjoying being sexually assaulted, Mary Whitehouse and Dickson of Dockgreen laughing about spousal abuse.

The current generation of TV is nothing but an improvement, this is just moaning for the sake of it.

Yeah it's not new it's old, so let's enjoy it.

Or isn't it just a new set of problems?

Or indeed, old problems reformulated for the 21st century.

This sort of programme is necessary to show why feminism still exists, and why we cannot just "stop moaning".

Mary Whitehouse was a dick.

Ohhh, they've put the Grand Prix on iPlayer. Now I'm conflicted. Which to watch?

It's a lessening of what there was, but it's not a sudden earth shattering change where everything changes at once.

But well watch a day of progams from the 60s, 70s and maybe even the 80s

And then look at the sea change. Some things need to change, rap lyrics are a fairly stark exception and even then only some of them.

But if you don't acknowledge progress you'll never know where you're getting anywhere

Quote: Jennie @ 11th May 2014, 10:55 PM BST

This sort of programme is necessary to show why feminism still exists, and why we cannot just "stop moaning".

And who said moaning, it just seems well dispiriting. It's actually more Maoist who spoke about the need to maintain a constant sense of revolution to ensure the workers never questioned the actions of their leaders.

Mona Lisa one of the best films of Bob Hoskins of all time is on 4 in a bit.

Quote: sootyj @ 11th May 2014, 11:03 PM BST

But if you don't acknowledge progress you'll never know where you're getting anywhere

There has been progress. There needs to be more.

And who said moaning,

Quote: sootyj @ 11th May 2014, 10:54 PM BST

This this is just moaning for the sake of it.

It's actually more Maoist who spoke about the need to maintain a constant sense of revolution to ensure the workers never questioned the actions of their leaders.

The UK public sector works on similar principles.

They do indeed Brother Tursiops now where's that 100,000 word self criticism essay?

Quote: Jennie @ 11th May 2014, 11:04 PM BST

There has been progress. There needs to be more.

There does but creating phantom problems with gaudy labels, denies that progress.

I'd challenge you to pick out one program that's supposedly "pro rape" off the 4 major channels on TV this evening.

And good spot on the moaning, but there's a context change.

'Newsnight Scotland' where there's a Ukip arsehole shouting down other speakers (it's about European election mainly).

Quote: sootyj @ 12th May 2014, 7:57 PM BST

They do indeed Brother Tursiops now where's that 100,000 word self criticism essay?

Don't joke about it. I have to complete a 'self-assessment' identifying my 'development needs'.

Quote: keewik @ 12th May 2014, 10:46 PM BST

'Newsnight Scotland' where there's a Ukip arsehole shouting down other speakers (it's about European election mainly).

Good evening this is Newsnight Scotland, from The English Bastard's Head in Govan.

Mr Farrage first question, who the f**k do yee think your looking at, ya boggle eyed, toffee naised gob shite

Quote: Tursiops @ 12th May 2014, 10:48 PM BST

Don't joke about it. I have to complete a 'self-assessment' identifying my 'development needs'.

You didn't write, a good hard shag, under all your needs

and

shagging, in all your strengths.

Laughing out loud

Couple of polls tonight have the Tories ahead of labour