The Sarah Millican Television Programme - Series 1 Page 5

This will sound stupid but...I really can't listen to her voice for more than a few minutes. I don't know what it is but it's painfull on my ears.

Quote: Will Cam @ November 27 2012, 2:40 PM GMT

This will sound stupid but...I really can't listen to her voice for more than a few minutes. I don't know what it is but it's painfull on my ears.

No I know what you mean, she irritates me, I can't tell if she's funny because I find her annoying.

Yep.

Annoys the living shit out of me.

Seen the last couple of them, have to say SM has a way about her, her delivery is pretty good and the show's pretty packed with funny stuff. I do find it strange she has so many writers though, seeing as so much of the humour is SMish, ie. based on her personality. I just find it odd that other people write personal gags for a comedian whose act is very much based on their persona and/or life. Surely she knows how to do it best?

Another gripe is her very casual use of crude language or humour, sometimes just out of the blue for sudden shock value laughs, which is just cheap humour. The show seems to coast along, with cheery interviews, then out comes a jarring adult sexual refernce which doesn't quite fit in with the look of the show. Even if she isn't writing some of them, they're the Millicaneque touches that really make me cringe, and I usually turn off. She does like to go overboard on them, and generally I find her a very self indulgent performer, but I suppose a lot of comedians are. She's a marmite comedian, this one, isn't she.

I still don't like the on-screen interviews, but I enjoy the rest.